My Story – by Janko

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Berlin: Workshop on Service design in a climate emergency - What do digital services in a world of net-zero look like?

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

I’m a strategic designer with two decades of experience across different domains. Currently, I’m in a space that I can’t yet define properly, at the intersection of strategy, foresight, and systems. I am also a concerned citizen due to multiple converging crisis today. I would like to get involved more (and more concretely) and understand and help address some of the pressing issues.

I have three kids and I’m worried about the future of their entire generation. And i do believe it is not too late. Together with my partner I’m working on a small framework to help businesses become more responsible with regards to planet, society, and individuals.

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

I’m wondering how the close future will look like and how can we not only survive, but also thrive. As a designer, I see that user-centric and human-centric design frameworks are not fit for the issues we’re facing. That’s why I started to work on the edges of design and explore other fields that I can learn from: foresight & futures thinking, systems thinking and systems design, strategic design, ethics, speculative design (well, discursive design group in general). I would like to share what I learned, tried, implemented in failed in past several years, and would love to hear other experiences and thinking.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

I think there’s nothing more important than climate urgency. I’m reading a lot about issues, I’m having difficult conversations with my kids and their friends and try to prepare them for the uncertain future, and I changed my lifestyle. I would like to participate in order to make a change, to have better conversations, and my mid-term plan is to move away from strictly commercial sector so this is highly relevant!

name: Janko Jovanovic

2 Likes

ping @mrchrisadams

Thanks for joining @janko_jovanovic_52, and adding such a thoughtful response. Looking forward to Friday!