My Story – by Julian Harris

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Workshop on Service design in a climate emergency - What do digital services in a world of net-zero look like ?

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

Designing and creatingh great software people love.
Composing music.
Spending time with my kids.
Helping others create new businesses.
Finding a way to do this in a way that helps combat climate change.

Never again: working with complacent mediocre attitudes.

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

An idea using emerging or cutting edge technology that I think could help people enjoy life more, be healthier or be more productive that perhaps wasn’t possible before the technology was available. Currently that’s the big advances in natural language processing that hit a tipping point early 2018.
I got started many years ago when I discovered the magic of creating software: a skill where the system you create can interact with the world BY ITSELF!. Vs writing or music or art which needs to be observed.
I always have time for others that are interested. I think everyone should be able to write scripts – not necessarily coding per se, but to be able to learn about algorithms: loops and if then/else.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

I think I can contribute mostly drawing from my skills and experience working with internet technologies for the past 25 years. I’m fairly well-grounded in what is possible and what is science fiction. I’m also very creative. The key thing is finding ways to work professionally and fulfilling by helping combat climate change.

name: Julian Harris

2 Likes

Great to have you here! Your experience and openness is greatly appreciated.