My Story – by Phuong

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Workshop-on-service-design-in-a-climate-emergency
Berlin

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

I’d like to keep on my volunteer work. I don’t like to work for companies anymore that don’t have a positive social impact at all. I’d like to start to do more valuable work that has a long life sense.

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

I have worked in the cultural sector as well as in the fast paced tech industry for several years. Now I’m taking a step back to reflect my previous path and explore new opportunities to find a way to make an positive impact on society. At the moment I’m enjoying doing volunteer work. So if someone is looking for a social contribution I’m happy to share the details.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

Currently I’m also attend a UX course and very curious and interested in learning further about service design. My previous jobs are quite service orientated so I’m keen to explore the service design discipline. At the same time I’m concerned about current climate situation and highly motivated to finding ways to get the discussion and actions in a positive direction.

name: Phuong

2 Likes

Amazing! Great to have you in the Hackathon and on this platform! Tech for good is what we are all about! Ping @BlackForestBoi

You seem highly principled with a heart in the right place. Welcome!

ping @mrchrisadams

Welcome @phuong_26! Nice to have you on board!

I’ve updated the page here with some more details about the day, but I’ll be sending further instructions on the Wednesday to yourself and other attendees.

1 Like