My Story – by Rey

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

‘Workshop on Service design in a climate emergency - What do digital services in a world of net-zero look like ?’ (Berlin)

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

Keep… bouldering, music, hanging with friends, coding projects
More… projects with social impact, writing
Less… work where I’m not invested in it

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

I’m a scientist by training so I think that influences a lot of my work and framing things - I’m a data scientist working on products and software for a consulting company. A large part of how I go about things is framed by prior experience.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

We need to fundamentally re-engineer many aspects of how we live and operate as a society to tackle climate change. This is about taking a whole bunch of different disciplines together and solving some tough problems. I want to help with that because we need to get going asap.

name: Rey

Ping @mrchrisadams

Welcome Rey. I have no doubt that you will add much to the event.

Hi @rey_7 - I think I’ve already messaged you but I’m sending this just to be sure.

We’d love to have you with us on the Friday. I’ll be sharing more details and a map later this afternoon.

:+1: