My Story – by Tito

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Berlin | Workshop on Service design in a climate emergency — What do digital services in a world of net-zero look like?

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

Keep: board games, sports such as soccer, volleyball, ping pong, bouldering, cooking with my flatmates, portrait drawing sessions, side projects…

Never again: pessimists, tax declaration, work for non-curious-clients

Start: skateboard, play saxophone, making more of the things I use every day such as clothes and furniture …

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

The small Ernesto, Ernestito, Tito. I am a 28-year-old German-Nicaraguan designer. I grew up bilingually in Hamburg, Berlin and Mexico City. Instead of going to high school I completed a graphic design apprenticeship at the Lette-Verein in Berlin. Towards the end of my apprenticeship, I discovered service design and realized I wanted to do more than just designing logos and posters. Since then I’ve shifted to a more holistic approach, studied interface design at the FH Potsdam, did the Basic Track at the D-School and worked at Fuxblau for 4.5 years, a service design agency in Berlin Schöneberg.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

As a service designer working in the public sector, I am wondering how to make sure we think about the environmental impact from the start.
I am currently also doing a Master’s in Urban Futures — sustainability being one of the key elements.

name: Tito

1 Like

Hello @tito_45,

great to have you here! How was the workshop? What is your main takeaway?

My main takeaway: the knowledge, frameworks and tools for service designer are already out there. The next phase is about making sure they are easy to find, put in context, understood and used.

1 Like

Great! lets start by building a knowledge base here :slight_smile: