No elevators in Asterix/Idefix

Hi @reef-full ,

I am a bit puzzled/amazed to have heard that -when voting for JET-14 - people weren’t aware of Idefix and Asterix not having elevators.
The way I recall it, it was a discovery - together with the bike space being part of the common spaces - when presenting the FS of MOL-26.
And even if people were not present, the plans going with the FS3 of JET-14 clearly indicate no elevators in Asterix and Idefix.
It now makes me feel uncomfortable:

• could i have done more as being part of team building
  • if everyone contributes extra to have 3 elevators, except for me, that will not make me feel good, but when i voted, i voted on the site, location in Jette, FS3 calculations and FS3 plans which were accessible for everyone, so fully aware there was only 1 elevator and only about 125 m2 of ‘real’ common spaces.
  • should team building take the full responsability and all other members read plans and other similar documents as ‘info’. As member of team building, that feels like a huge burden, one i am not comfortable with.

I’d like to understand how these kind of important things can be avoided for the future and what in fact should have been done.

• Is it a team building responsability to clearly state when things deviate from the blueprint (on a building level)
  • Should there have been a report (maybe there was) and should it have been reviewed
  • Stress that people should take the responsability of reading the important documents for important decisions and not rely on ‘the group’ or a team to mention it clearly
  • Are plans difficult to read for some and should there have been more guidance on that level?
  • … ?
4 Likes

Nope, that’s on us. I would just chalk it down to human imperfection and messiness.

4 Likes

I don’t feel that is your responsibility, neither do I think that you could have done more. For me it was clear at the presentation of the FS that there were no elevators in those 2 buildings so I voted yes on Jette knowing these 2 elevators were not included.

2 Likes