Nonviolent communication introduction course (8-9 October, Brussels)

I received an invitation for a two-day introductory course on NVC. I saved it on Nextcloud (internal link - sadly no public link available). The whole weekend costs 230 euro.

2 Likes

Great info! Iā€™m definitely going to attend this :slight_smile:

Is the file on Nextcloud where this info was the only place currently to see what trainings are available with regard to NVC, sociocracy etc.? I would be happy to set up an ā€˜Ongoing trainingā€™ file and keep it up to date, if there isnā€™t something like that somewhere on the platform alreadyā€¦

1 Like

I like the idea, but itā€™s not fully clear to me yet what would go into this folder. The reason is this: because of our commitment to open source, we try to put as much information as possible on the Edgeryders forum, so that other people can also enjoy the benefits of the information that we gather. Normally all trainings are announced somewhere on the web, so in practice we would rarely need to save something on Nextcloud because we received something via email and it canā€™t be found online.

How about we create a ā€œLearning and training coursesā€ folder? In that folder we could put 1) the ā€œBooks and manualsā€ folder, 2) the training courses that we develop internally, and 3) non-public links to training course materials from courses that we followed?

Sounds good! In the future, as things get bigger and more established, each subfolder may need to be separated into topics like cohousing, NVC and sociocracy, skills we havenā€™t even thought of yet, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @reeflings !

This two-day weekend training course on non-violent communication is running again this year, on 7-8 October. I did it last year, and found it a really useful and beneficial experience. Unless Iā€™ve missed a change in policy (@Lee?), Full Members and anyone who becomes a Full Member later can claim this training as a Reef expense. Flyer attached :slight_smile:

Intro_NVC_10_23.pdf (1.6 MB)

5 Likes

Indeed. More information can be found in section 8.3 of the Onboarding Manual.

I love how many questions get answered these days by: ā€˜Itā€™s in the Onboarding Manualā€™ :slight_smile: Youā€™ve done an amazing job getting that to the place it is now!

2 Likes

Too bad, I cannot join because Iā€™m not in Brussels next weekend.

1 Like

I am not available these 7th & 8th of october. Next time for meā€¦