Notes from the Team Finance meeting of 2022-01-16

hey team, hi @alberto
I super busy with work lately (like most of us, i guess), but could try to make myself available, so happy to support and attend the zoom meeting with Mark in French.

1 Like

Hi @RichardB , I finally found the time to do some work on yourn proposal. Please have a look… we might need to involve @reef-inclusion on this one.

Hi @reef-finance
I have drafted a brief agenda for tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you all!
Best
ugne

Hi all!
Sorry to intrude here - I would like to share something that might be relevant and haven’t found a better place. We recently came across this bank and thought we would tell you in case it would at any point be interesting to look at alternatives to Triodos: https://www.vdk.be/nl/ (We do not know them well at all though!)
Cheers,
Barbara

1 Like

@reef-finance is someone else joining the team meeting happening right now?

Deepest apologies! I had a calendar glitch (someone showed up late), and it went to hell from there.

My contributions were meant to be for:

• @RichardB (see here)
  • @ugne: I heard from Mark today, he is OK for touching base before the 8th. Do you have time tomorrow or Friday? At what time?
  • @ClaudiaPr happy to have a chat. Best evening for me is tomorrow (Thursday).
  • Whole team: upon @Lee’s request, I wrote this as background to our transparency policies. Could you have a look and let me know if you disagree with anything?

Hi @reef-finance , hi @alberto

Seeing Alberto’s post only now, no problem, although we had many questions to you :slight_smile:
Regarding Notary and a call with Mark, I could do Friday, anytime from 2pm. @RichardB , what about you?
Here you can see this minutes of today’s meeting.

we talk sooon!
ugne

1 Like

Tomorrow impossible - I have Logistics meeting and am already struggling with my agenda.

Works for me too!

Ok, I made an appointment for tomorrow, Friday 3, at 14.30. Link on the calendar.

1 Like

@ugne and @RichardB, however Mark has not confirmed yet. He has the email…

@ugne and @RichardB , Mark got back to us, asking for the meeting to be instead at 15.30. I said yes, based on what I know of your calendars, and updated the calendar event on Nextcloud.

2 Likes

Hi @Alberto, thanks - I have responded to your comments and added language on the 2-4% surplus that is proposed for new Reefllings (see marked up in yellow). We discussed during yesterday’s team meeting that it would be good to move this into the unit pricing proposal, because it is just another variable that changes the square meter price so discussing everything at the same time seems logic. Pls let me know your thoughts and if any further changes required.

2 Likes

Noted, will be there

Hello @ugne and @RichardB. I created a slide deck for the presentation about the choice of a legal form. It lives here.

(@Lee: the reasoning is to present this discussion at a very simple level, before even bringing in experts like Joost. Too many Reeflings have not thought about this at all.)

2 Likes

Hi @reef-finance , Im also very sorry to have missed the meeting on Wednesday. I messaged Ugne too late, I was convinced the meeting was on Thursday :woman_facepalming: . Just wanted to share that the notes I took followign the meeting with team inclusion on the investors for the inclusive units are here (internal link).

I’ll read through the team finance meetings minutes tomorrow morning, but from my side I have two priorities : collect participants and questions for the meetings with Triodos and speak to Lee’s father re being a social investor.

Take care!

1 Like

Hello @alberto , looks good ! As mentioned yesterday, I went through the HoGent study from 2017 and noted down a few more advantages / disadvantages for Cooperatives and Copropriétés. Note that the study does not talk about mixed forms or foundations. The doc is saved here. I didn’t want to change your presentation and also I’m not sure all points are equally important so up to you how you want to use it :wink:

2 Likes

@alberto @RichardB I found an easy way to translate the doc into English, its here (internal link).

2 Likes

you are a magician, @VickyVanEyck , thank you!

I really like this presentation @alberto . Maybe it seems obvious, but i am sure it will clarify quite a few things for many reeflings and help to make a decision.

2 Likes