Populist Rebellion in 21st-century Central and Eastern Europe (POPREBEL) is a European Commission Horizon 2020 project seeking to explain the rise of populism/illiberalism in Central and Eastern Europe and to find ways to resist populist and illiberal rhetoric and action. We are focused on understanding people’s own perspectives on these issues to inform long-term strategies and policies. We currently convene a set of four large online conversation spaces in Polish, Czech, Serbian and English, where people discuss these issues and on which Edgeryders performs continuous ethnographic analysis. This analysis will then be used by the POPREBEL consortium and the EC in their policy initiatives.
In 2020, we will be running a number of online - offline outreach and engagement activities and are thus looking to contract a web developer to collaborate with us on this project. The project runs for three years in total but this work will run for approximately 21 months, starting at the earliest, on a part-time basis (about 20% of your time or about 8 hrs/week).
Edgeryders is looking for a collaborator to work on development of interactive components for various outreach and engagement activities within the context of a project called POPREBEL
- Very familiar with the Edgeryders multisite Discourse setup
- Very familiar with the Edgeryders Vue.js webkit that integrates with the Edgeryders Discourse
- Available to work in Brussels when needed
- Fluent in English + 1 Other European Language (ideally French).
- Able to work part-time without set hours, during the day or night, with strong time-management skills.
- Good writing skills in English and French. Able to advance a conversation by interacting constructively with others.
- You need to be open, accepting, tolerant and a good listener
- Passionate and reasonably knowledgeable about the subject matter of POPREBEL’s goals.
- A good collaborator, who works well with a team and takes direction from management when needed.
- Your professional and personal network includes people involved in social activism.
- Coordinate and implement outreach in unified strategy of Edgeryders as a platform and organisation from
- A single start landing page
- Dedicated pages for mission, purpose, strategy and organisational resources
- Dedicated tools died to the platform for organising community calls, public events, workshops, seminars and webinars, and real time documentation
- Implement workflows and toolkits that facilitate:
- Creation of event pages for promoting, funding and documenting events that tie back to the platform
- Academy enrolment as well as deployment of new courses from the platform
- Training for deploying, onboarding and promoting projects using these tools
- Improve outreach and onboarding with:
- Newsletter and social media outreach workflow that integrates directly from the platform
- Streamline form generation for registering and subscribing new members
- Streamline generation of dedicated pages for project categories with template repositories and one click deployment
- Provide outlets for communication and expression that move the Edgeryders beyond text to include:
- Consolidated library of video content posted to the platform as well as in-house produced content
- Podcast feed that collects audio from the platform and other sources for non members to subscribe to
- Edgeryders Stories hub with photos, video and audio updated directly by platform members
- Remain available in person or through the online workspace for IT, Administrative, and project deliverables through the working week (Monday to Friday)
- Be familiar with the Edgeryders’ programme and principal documents.
- Coordinate with the consortium partners through the dedicated online workspace (http://edgeryders.eu)
- Document the time spent on the project via timesheets, as per European regulation and the consortium leader’s standard practices.
Terms, duration, compensation:
- The contract starts as soon as possible
- During the contract period, it is expected to be engaged for a maximum of 175 hours over the space of 12 months, at 41,86 Eur/hr.
- Work must be carried out in the Egderyders online workspace at http://edgeryders.eu
- The collaborator commits to personal service, and will not subcontract her/his work to others
- For the payment, the collaborator will send us an invoice including VAT, and inclusive of all taxes and contributions. Payment will take on a quarterly basis within 14 calendar days, subject to the collaborator’s submission of the relevant deliverables.
How to apply:
Deadline: We will recruit the first qualified applicant, so if interested it is better to get in touch immediately.