Kfé Innovación has been around for a year now, and has gone from individual chats with so-called “experts” to talk about web 2.0 and innovation with people who may or may not be involved with them, to the current simultaneous, all-around the world face-to-face meetings of 20 people per venue to discuss a subject related to social issues and innovation.
Throughout the diverse incarnations of Kfé, however, several elements are common:
- 20 people per venue maximum: Since it is fairly complicated to chat with large groups, to avoid the risk of having a series of traditional talks, a maximum of 20 people can participate physically in a venue. Obviously, everyone is welcome to participate via Twitter in any subject and venue.
- Horizontal: all participants being equal in importance, we believe that all attendants (both virtual and physical) can offer value to the conversation and ideas that grow from each session. Also, we do believe that the ideas given in one place can enrich the debate in another, and thus strive to facilitate the communication (using mainly Twitter so far) between venues.
- Everyone is welcome: Everyone can set up a Kfé anywhere in the world. All you need to set one up as a venue coordinator is
o A twitter account (a personal twitter account, not an organization/company one)
o A place to carry it out (with wifi/Internet connection and enough space for all attendants –with a maximum of 20 attendants-)
o You can have up to two assistants for the session (to tweet, so to say, “officially” from the venue, take photos, and other support roles). Believe us, your hands will be quite full with the session itself
Since we started having simultaneous venues talking together, when we did #kfe03, with 4 venues talking about diverse subjects, the idea seemed to ‘catch’ in several minds around the world. From there, #kfe04 managed to get 48 different venues in Europe, North America and South America to talk about education.
As the team that runs Kfé doesn’t want to repeat itself too much, for this #kfe05 we have made some changes:
- Each venue can choose the subject to discuss
- Each venue should propose at least one action/project related to the subject at hand as the result of the session
And it has gone fairly well: so far, 30 venues are registered for the #kfe05 that will take place on January 27th, and while the highest concentration is still visibly in Spain (as you can see in the map here), there are venues opening in the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Colombia…
The response has been great, and we hope you can join us at your closest venue (or set up your own!).
There is more information available (mostly in Spanish) at http://www.kfeinnovacion.com.
Update for June 15th
We’d like to welcome the Edgeryders community in this joint project of citizen-driven innovation. This is the kfé group, an open forum, and we’d like to hear from you.