Fellowships for community members to lead curation, communication and engagement for the OpenCare PopUp Village!
We believe that the future of health and social care is community-based and participatory. We are committed to the idea that care should not necessarily be handed down from institutions to the people but can emerge organically from the people according to their needs.
The OpenCare PopUp Village is a highly participatory festival showcasing working solutions and demos produced by community members, as well as pathways for working together towards their sustainability. It will take place in September 2017 (exact dates and location TBD) and represents the culmination of the OpenCare 18 month research that involves hundreds of original initiatives.
Aiming to deepen community collaboration, during March - April 2017, the SCImPULSE Foundation will appoint 3 “students” to support communication and engagement for the OpenCare PopUp Village. We use “students” in the Latin sense, of people that will apply themselves to the subject, as fellows of SCImPULSE Foundation, and not in any sense as an indication of career status.
What you will get if selected:
- A bursary appointment: Up to 15000 Euro to reimburse your working time, distributed on the basis of winners’ financial needs
- A travel budget: Up to 5000 Euro, to be authorized in advance by due justification
Process and timeline:
- Launch Submissions registered as opencare stories, comments to stories and PopUp Village proposals
- Review of submissions
- Announcement of winners
- First draft of project exhibit descriptions submitted
- Final session and exhibit descriptions submitted
- Final Report detailing the value chain of the project/s the appointee worked with, and documenting the “receipt” to reproduce it (resources, community engagement mechanisms, pitfalls to avoid). Deadline: 2 weeks after LOTE
Who can participate? Anyone with a story of an open and participatory project of health/social care, who is interested in online and offline collaboration for social good.
We will consider individuals who have demonstrated interest in and alignment with opencare in the following ways (each item will receive a score from 0 the minimum, to 5 the maximum, which will be summed to define the final score used to choose the winners):
- are registered on edgeryders.eu and have contributed a story on the OpenCare community page. NB: All the stories submitted previously in 2016 and 2017 are being considered.
- are operating at the grassroots level or are heavily interacting with such groups are open in their work, use of methodology, technology, results (public and transparent communication, open processes for participation, commons licensing, open source code etc.)
- their contribution is validated in positive responses by their peers in the opencare community (as seen from the Comments section)
- have storytelling and content production skills for presenting the opencare initiatives to various community groups and audiences
- demonstrate willingness to collaborate with others and use online environments for communication, engagement, documentation of work and social media
What happens if I am selected?
You will be working closely with the Edgeryders team to build the OpenCare PopUp Village. Allocate a minimum of 3 days per week to fulfill your commitment and make sure you are available to attend the event in September 2017.
Where do I start? Join the process of building the OpenCare PopUp Village!
- Share your experience from care-related initiatives in your community, with reflections around how they relate to the topics and themes of opencare. Create an account on edgeryders.eu and post your story here.
- Demonstrate your interest in the work of opencare practitioners. Read three stories about other opencare initiatives and leave thoughtful comments on each one here (you'll need to scroll down).
- Demonstrate your general knowledge about the field. Propose a theme, session or exhibit that you would like to see happen as part of the OpenCare PopUp Village and name a number of projects or people whom you would like to see involved. Create a post in the OpenCare PopUp Village coordination group.
The deadline for applications is April 15th, but the sooner you start and complete your application, the higher your chances!
This page was last updated on March 15th 2017.
More about the OP3NCare Fellowships here.