On October 19-21, 2017, Edgeryders will open the doors to the OpenCare Village (OpenVillage) - A participant-built festival dedicated to bringing together existing projects into a demo of a new health and social care system powered by open source, community driven solutions. This gathering offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for participants to meet, learn and shape the future with peers doing inspiring work around the globe:
- Participate in community care-related talks, debates, workshops & business development
- Explore new technologies, methodologies & collaboration opportunities in community care
- Join a new opportunity to purchase community property for affordable living & working
- Discover innovative new products and services in the exhibition.
Who is it for? OpenCare project protagonists, Caregivers & recipients, researchers, local entrepreneurs, administrations, funders & ethical investors
How to get a ticket: Tickets are available to people who contribute to making the festival a high quality, generative and rewarding experience. To secure a ticket you follow a simple registration process here.
Similar to previous community events we’re organising the conference and exhibition around tracks which represent different perspectives and angles by which to understand and build upon the overall concept of OpenCare ( more info here).
- MEET THE OPENCARERS: We present findings from OpenCare a 2 year massive research project on community-driven health and social care. You will meet and learn from the leaders of promising projects in the existing OpenCare ecosystem such as [three examples here]. More info here
- COMMUNITY PROPERTY. OpenCare revealed the aspiration to a more communal living, where taking care of each other is easier and more affordable. How do we acquire and manage collective property for permanent affordable living and working? We will discover and learn from cases of existing financial, legal and governance models. More info here
- THE FUTURE OF CARE: A POLICY AND INVESTMENT LAB. How do we make it attractive to finance community care ecosystems and what enabling infrastructures already exist that we can learn from? Implications for participants, investors and policy makers. More info here.
The OpenCare Village will be a showcase of inspiring initiatives and strive to draw support around them. We will deploy community support to barnraise around them before, during and after the event.