Edgeryders currently has the capacity to deliver smaller scale versions of this project, evidenced by its current role in coordinating the Opencare project. Assets include:
- experience of co-ordinating, over several years, a strong, lively, resilient online community. We assess the health of collaboration and knowledge sharing via network analysis (http://bit.ly/edgesense);
- a tradition of self-organised events;
- highly respected individuals, including an experienced network scientist and the world's first-ever online community manager (https://edgeryders.eu/en/blog/wizards-among-us-john-coate-joins-the-edgeryders-team).
To run this project, we would increase our capacity, in particular by adding:
- governance; One senior level and one mid-level person to provide assurance that the overall aims of the project are being achieved;
- operations; one senior level person responsible for matching initiatives with an appropriate learning environment (many will be available through WHIS's network).
- three mid-level people to help stimulate and manage the community;
- two evaluators to monitor activities in the individual initiatives; and
- establish a partnership with the Ethereum ecosystem (this is a decentralised platform that runs “smart” contracts). This will help us set up a minimal, but fast, contract-based admin.