Participant Information Sheet - EU Regions Week Edgeryders Event

Participant Information Sheet Online Event

Project Reference: Science Fiction Economics Lab

1. What is the purpose of this initiative?

The Science Fiction Economics Lab attempts to extend the space of economic models that are conceivable and deployable to build a successful, fair civilisation, while preserving the planet’s ecological balance. Inspired by science fiction, we nurture and support new, radical ways to think about the economy and economic policy. This activity is part of a project we are conducting with support from EIT Climate-KIC , the European Union’s largest climate innovation initiative. More info: scifieconomicslab.net

2. Do I have to take part?

No. You can ask questions about the initiative before deciding whether or not to participate in the webinar or workshop. If you do agree to participate, you may withdraw yourself and the data you have provided from the documentation of the event, without giving a reason and without penalty, by advising the team. If after the interview you choose to withdraw, please contact Maria Kling.

3. What will happen if I take part in this webinar or workshop?

The event takes place digitally. It consists of an open discussion, moderated by Edgeryders staff and or workshops provided by community members.

If you take part in the event you will be able to listen and contribute to the discussion.

The call will be recorded for reference purposes for the Science Fiction Economics Lab described above and the facilitator to improve similar webinars.

Edgeryders staff will write a report of the event to be published in the platform to share all outcomes.

4. Are there any potential risks in taking part?

The risks of participation are minimal and include for example involuntary data breach leading to sharing beyond the original intention. We are prepared and committed to prevent any of this.

5. Are there any benefits in taking part?

There are no direct benefits to you for participating in this discussion. As a result it may have indirect benefit to participants.

As a benefit of participating in the webinar or workshop part you will learn new information and make new contacts that you will be able to use for your own projects and benefits.

There will be no payment for taking part in this event. The webinar or workshop is free.

6. How is the event documented?

We record the call, transcribe the recording, and post parts of it on our forum. We only mention you by the Edgeryders username you have selected. If you prefer not to be mentioned by username, please let us know in advance of the call.
The chat will be saved temporarily, for the purposes of completing the writeups.

7. Will the research be published?

One or more writeups will appear on the Science Fiction Economics Lab’s online forum. Writeups will be attributed to their authors, not the participants. That is an open forum, so participants are welcome to use it to comment, respond, or contribute their own writeups.

The whole content of the Scifi Economics Lab forum (including the mentioned writeup, and any discussion about them) will then become the basis for at least one report. We also hope to publish one or more journal article.

8. Who is organising and funding this activity?

The Scifi Economics Lab and all events formally tied to it are organised by Edgeryders and funded by the European Union via EIT Climate-KIC NGI Forward.

9. Who do I contact if I have a concern about the event or I wish to complain?

You can contact Maria Kling, community manager at Edgeryders here via a DM or ping @MariaEuler or via email me at maria@edgeryders.eu.