POPREBEL Ethnography Code Review Thread

I am in the zoom room in the calendar event: Launch Meeting - Zoom

@Jan , @Wojt , @Jirka_Kocian

Is this the final final version of the Problems codebook?

What about the other categories?

1. Actions and activities – (Jan)

2. COVID 19 – ?

3. Emotions – Jirka (discuss)

4. Ideology – Amelia

5. Institutions – Jan and Wojtek (isolate and categorize actors. The same for institutions)

6. Social movements and historical events – Jan and Wojtek (1st) find actors

7. People and identity – Richard

8. Places - ?

9. Social and political processes – Jan and Wojtek

10. Values and beliefs – Amelia

All of them are more or less done. Problems proved to be the biggest, hardest and least definitive.

1 Like

Dear all: I’m afraid that I have a UCL meeting at 14.00 UK, so won’t be able to attend today’s coding meeting.

Dear all, we are meeting today, right?

Good afternoon, I am sorry, but I have to skip the meeting today because of family reasons, see you all next week!

I will skip too :slight_smile:

Hey, everybody, please welcome @SantosCardonaPR aka Santos!
He’s helping us with cleaning our codebook.

@SantosCardonaPR, I guess this is the link we’re using: Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

Hello @SantosCardonaPR, I will be glad to meet you next time, unfortunately I fell a bit ill, so today without me:/

1 Like

Welcome to the team, @SantosCardonaPR !

1 Like

Hi team, are we meeting today?

I am available, and in favour of meeting.

1 Like

@Nica Are you going to be joining us?

Hi all, mainly ethnographers (@Maniamana, @jitka.kralova and @Djan), who are creating new temporary users to upload the interviews to the platform. I do not know why, but the guerrillamail.com is not working therefore I started to use an other provider with a name that I can remember (and find quite funny) - dispostable.com. Works just fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I just wanted to let you all know that I have recoded all the “new X category” codes in the “Problems re-coded” spreadsheet. However, there are some codes that still need to be (1) inspected, (2) forked, and/or (3) created/deleted. Thus, I will leave what each color in the spreadsheet means and what we will be doing with them. But again, the majority of them have already been properly created and corrected!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help anyone in the project with. Thanks again and I will see you all in tomorrows meeting.

COLOR CODES:

• YELLOW BOXES IN “NEW Y CATEGORY” → The yellow boxes mean that the codes in that category have already been reviewed by SantosCardonaPR.

• BOLD BLACK FONT CODES IN “OLD X CATEGORY” → The bold colds mean that the codes have been properly corrected to the “new x category” codes. These codes are finished!

• BLUE FONT CODES IN “OLD X CATEGORY” → The codes that are with blue font are the codes me and Wojt are still working on. These codes still need to be inspected or forked.

• GREEN ITALIC COMMENTS IN THE “NEW Y CATEGORY” COLUMNS → These are comments I wrote for Wojt to review before I properly correct the code. We are still working on those codes.

• GREEN BOXES IN “NEW Y CATEGORY” → Boxes that do not have any codes, but the box was still created.

Best,
Santos

2 Likes

Hi guys,
anybody else’s going to join?

Guess not, unless you need me. My homework is done: Analysis by gender: need data

Hello @rebelethno, I see that, starting from this Friday, there is no more link for our weekly meeting. I assume this is a mistake. I created a new one here:

4 Likes

Hi, y’all!
I hope you’re all well.
You know I hardly ever skip our meetings, and I wanted to attend the one today, I really did, but Polskie Koleje Państwowe came and told me not to. They delayed my train and, in essence, deprived me of a stable internet connection. By Sunday evening I’ll have finished coding and cleaning up all the 21 Polish interviews that have been uploaded onto the platform so far. If you need me, just write me a message. I will be available in the evening CET.

2 Likes

Hi @rebelethno, greetings from the CZech team! :slight_smile:

also wanted to apologize but I won’t be able to make it to tomorrows call. I’m on a cycling trip with my family. @Nica i should hopefully be able to send you the homework by Monday, latest Tuesday.

5 Likes