POPREBEL Ethnography Code Review Thread

The bibliography looks good now!

SNA is already a keyword – am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. I am missing my mind.

@alberto - one more request from me, from yesterday, on page 14, please…

@SZdenek @Nica @alberto @Maniamana @jitka.kralova @Jirka_Kocian @Richard @Djan @Wojt

It is Thursday, December 29, 6:20 pm EST. If by the time I go to bed (around 10-11 pm EST) I do not hear from anybody, I will ask Richard to download the deliverable to his computer in the morning tomorrow (December 30 London time), do some final format adjustements, and upload it to the Commission’s website. Amen Sisters and Brothers! Hallelujah!

4 Likes

I saw no comment, so I imagine you wanted me to read and check. This is now done. I made a small edit to recall our ICQE paper and point out that in POPREBEL we did, for the first time, use all of the four methods to rank edges.

1 Like

Watch out: normally SNA stands for social network analysis. We don’t do it: our networks are semantic. The initial is the same, but I am not aware that SNA is also used to abbreviate semantic network analysis.

Then let’s just have the keyword be semantic network analysis, without the acronym

2 Likes

Hallelujah indeed! Fantastic work, everyone!

3 Likes

So, I am going to give Richard our green light to complete formatting and then …upload!

I should have been trying to share my time between several jobs/tasks, but I was not able to. This deliverable sucked me in totally. We have something here. It is an amazing base on which we will build several publications! Thank you everybody!

Great job everybody!

Jan

4 Likes

Yes, I am also looking forward to doing that. Good work, everyone!

FYI, the deliverable is on Zenodo. I gave it a more explanatory title than “final report”, but is otherwise the same GDoc. Please use the DOI therein if you need to cite it.

Everything can be edited, and the file re-uploaded in a different version as needed. A couple of minor points:

• I listed @Nica and @Jan as principal authors, everyone else in alphabetical order.
  • I found @Jirka_Kocian’s ORCID page and added him as an author, too. I also added him to the dataset’s Zenodo record.
2 Likes

I’m about to upload the file but it doesn’t have a Dissemination Level specified. @alberto should it be PUBLIC or CONFIDENTIAL? Most deliverables have been marked as CONFIDENTIAL but I assume that’s not the Edgeryders way. :slight_smile: Can you confirm?

2 Likes

OK, as the deliverable is already on Zenodo, I’ll mark it PUBLIC.

2 Likes

Submitted! I’ve added the PDF to the Google Drive folder.

5 Likes

The main issue is that it’s not the European Union’s way. We are obliged to make it as easy as possible for people to access and reuse our results and intermediary materials, such as data. There are exceptions (security and safety, mostly, and data protection for personal data), but this piece of work is not one. It should definitely be public.

And it’s a wrap! :heart:

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :partying_face: :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Thank you for uploading, Richard! As the spy movies say (I think), the eagle is in the nest!

Happy new year to everyone, it has been such a pleasure to work with you all on this Leviathan!

5 Likes

:tada::tada::tada:

Happy New Year guys and well done everyone !! :heart:

5 Likes

@rebelethno quite a lot of visualizations and downloads in four days (including New Year’s Day)! Well done everyone.

4 Likes

Looks great, but @Maniamana isn‘t listed as an author here, unlike in the actual report

1 Like

Well spotted. Fixed.

2 Likes