Process to select a Board

Done. I signed the one for the civil liability, which is a legal obligation.

@alberto can you please pay the bill?

For the other one - 170 euro for civil liability of the Board - I’m a bit in doubt now. Now that we know that our most important legal vehicle will be the Société Simple, are we sure that we still need insurance for our Board members? (it’s a genuine question: maybe we do need it)

@Sarah and @alberto: what’s your view on this?

Fair point. TBH, I am not sure about civil liability for the board in general, so probably not the one to ask.

@Sarah, the signed contract is now saved as a .zip on NextCloud. What is the next step? Do they send us a bill, or something?

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: sorry I was in Holliday…

I think all the info about payment is in the contract no? And you can send the signed documents back to them for approval (the email is in the proton inbox)

@Lee About the board insurance, I personally think we don’t really need it indeed with the société simple. There will still be money going in and out of the asbl, but it doesn’t seem that relevant ?

1 Like

Ping @alberto (in case not seen): can you please follow up on this? TIA!

I agree. It’s just that it’s a bit scary that there is a possibility that if something goes terribly wrong, they may come after all my belongings. Team Finance is going to send a list of questions to the notary shortly, so I will propose to include a question on this (in the bigger framework of liability in general, for all members of the société simple).

I think if that"s how you feel though, we probably should do it! It’s not ok to make you live with that, and it’s not much of an investment to give all the board members their peace of mind!

This is now done.

1 Like

I agree. At the same time I just read the statutes of the société simple and I almost had a panic attack. Compared to he implications of this société the liability of the asbl doesn’t even seem worth mentioning, so if ok with you I’d like to postpone this for a little more so that we get a better overview of all the legal stuff together.

1 Like