Prototype website ready

Hello @reeflings, we have now a reasonable prototype website.

• Fully whitelabelled – no Edgeryders branding.
  • Multiple pages accessed via Learn more links to declutter the main page.
  • Super-easy editing (just edit the topics in the web content category).

Still missing:

• @nadia’s illustration (should be incoming)
  • link to the form (@manuelpueyo to prepare the form on Nextcloud, based on @Lee’s Google form).
  • link to the full Blueprint document (@lee to provide us with a public-ready version)
  • “People section”. For this I need photos, one-liner bios (mine is: “economist, runner, retired minor rockstar”), and to figure out an elegant solution to display on the page. I will do the latter today.

Please note that the domain https://thereef.brussels points still to the old website. Hopefully the new website will be able to go live by the end of this week.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @alberto ! Much appreciated.

I finished the brochure. The only that thing I don’t manage to fix is the text boxes. They are highlighted in yellow and I don’t manage to make something visually acceptable out of them. Can somebody please help me with this?

@alberto , I created a new heading “FAQ”. Feel free to edit it as you see fit.

Discourse obliged me to choose a topic title of at least 7 characters, hence the “FAQ for website” title.

For my bio I think I’ll go for “Linguaphile. Busy bee. Nonconformist”. I’ll send you a picture through a private channel.

I don’t think text boxes are a good fit for text editors. Why not replace them with footnotes, or, if they are important, with headers?

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

For the sake of sharing information and documenting: Mark just recommended us to have a look at the website of Le Dojo as an example for our website (see Reef inbox).

This one is a bit more wordy than us, but not so different.

Update: the website is now live and accessible from https://thereef.brussels.

Missing:

• Illustration.
  • Registration form (the most urgent).
  • Picture of Malcolm (hint: put it on your Edgeryders avatar and it will appear automagically).
  • Short text for Malcolm and Sabine.
1 Like

Thanks a lot @alberto .

Is it possible that the “contact us” tab is not yet connected?

Pinging @Sabine_B_Frank, @Malcolm and @ugne for a quick reminder about the picture and the text.

Hi @alberto

We have trouble laying our hands on decent photos, so I’ll stick with my avatar one and Malcolm will send you one tomorrow.

As for description:

Sabine: Climate advocate. Pragmato-idealist. Biodanseuse.
Malcolm: Physics pedagogue. Sustainalist. Plays the blues.

Thanks for all your work on the website.

1 Like