Public meeting 21 April

Starting a new thread for some updates on the public meeting.

The website with the registration form is live, but the clean URL doesn’t seem to work on all servers apparently. The safe URL one to disseminate is this one: Edgeryders | Start (i.e. the start.edgeryders…/16699 one, not the https://thereef.brussels one).

There is also a Facebook event that anyone can use to disseminate the news to their network (registration is still through the online form though): link to Facebook event => feel free to forward this to your friends!

Finally there are also two announcements on Samenhuizen and Habitat & Participation.

Quick update:

• We have now received 14 registrations good for 23 people.
  • We received an offer via email from Com’on Home, a company (?) that offers support to cohousings, to promote our event on Facebook.

@manuelpueyo, access to the form and the registered participants is automatic for all Reeflings. It is saved here: “Meetings with new Reeflings” > “2022-04-21 public meeting”.

ok got it! we are going to create a facebook page + another facebook event . it might be confusing but i dont see a problem. this is for the purpose of the ads campaign in facebook that should be launched and live by end of next week, i might need a couple of paragraphs in dutch, stay tuned !

2 Likes

This problem is now fixed.

1 Like

Manuel, with these numbers the room is going to fill up fast. I would not spend more than 1-200 EUR in ads. I have not even touched Twitter yet…

1 Like

@manuelpueyo , it seems like I misunderstood this initiative. I hadn’t understood that it implies that we pay money to Facebook for ads. Do you know how much money we are talking about?

Regardless of the amount however I agree with Alberto that we may not need it? For me that would be a double win: spend less money + don’t give money to Zuckerberg. What do you think?

Update:

• We now have 23 registrations good for 35 people
  • I updated the website as follows:
    • I changed the heading “public meeting” into “meet us”
    • I added a form for the public meeting on 2 June and another one to subscribe to the mailing list
    • I made small changes in line with the above in the section “contact”
1 Like

Update @Reeflings:

• We now have 28 registrations good for 42 people (1 registration for 2 June).
  • I will send a confirmation email to people who registered during the weekend, and then another one to the last registrants the day before the event.
  • I shared a copy of the Powerpoint presentation that I prepared via email. Any comments welcome. It’s on Google because Nextcloud and I are not yet the best friendship ever. Apologies for that!
  • We need to pay VAT on the room, so the price will be 21% higher than expected. More info from Mark is in The Reef’s mailbox.
2 Likes

thank you for the update @Lee ! slides look very well structured and clear, we don’t have any meaning full thing to add. just for the clarification: understand what “no nosense means” on slide 11.

let me know if i can be of help during the meeting, for example, I can be at the entrance welcoming people to ensure they find the room,

1 Like

for the public meeting on second of june take resp for creating a new facebook event. if you consider useful we can launch another facebook ads campaigs for 50euro. PD: still pending an analysis of the impact of the first campaign in terms of impressions and registrations

1 Like

Good point! I need to work on that! Thanks for checking!

Let’s discuss that during the online check-in next week Wednesday. We’ll need somebody to sit at the entrance, somebody to do the bar and somebody to set up the room.

That being said, would you and Ugne be able to each carry 12 bottles of beer and one bottle of juice?

I’m not a great fan of giving more money to Facebook. But isn’t it possible to transfer the previous 50 euro to our home page or to the next event just like that?

the previous 50 euros are burnt. campaign starts on a date and finishes. and once it is finished facebook stops giving extra visibility to the event and the money is gone . i will do a report on the impact of the campaign once i get briefed by the agency

1 Like

ok!