Questionnaire" Why's it cool? How does it work? How can I get involved?

What is our call to action in the email announcing LOTE? Fill in the questionnaire!

Purpose of questionnaire: help us develop LOTE4 into the most useful, empowering and inspiring experience for everyone involved!

To Prepare before Monday: Instructions, tasks and groups for those interested to be able to go from questionnaire to starting to build LOTE4 directly from questionnaire and after. As well as the questionnaire itself ofcourse!

1. Consequences of event: long term. Immediately after event
  2. Concrete deliverables: 3 answers
  3. Steps involved in producing deliverables: For each answer enter- step 1:  step 2:  step 3:  step4: . How to calculate monetary value of this deliverable: . How can you personally contribute towards covering this cost, how much money willing and able to put in the budget?
  4. How can we measure success:  What monitoring and analysis tools do we have at our disposal? How can we make the most of them? What evaluation methods and metrics make sense in this context?
  5. Hacking Motivation: What drives us to move from wishful thinking, to action? How can we help one another maintain motivation and focus? References: It's not about the Potato Salad. BJ Fogg on Persuasive Design. Nicole Lazarro's four keys to fun.
  6. Collaboratively designing, building, promoting and selling the products and services that generate revenue to cover costs of LOTE:
  7. Teams and tasks to join in building LOTE:

The questionnaire

A. I have an existing initiative and or skills to offer. For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be…(a1)… The concrete deliverables enabling those outcomes are going to be…(a2)…What I believe we need to be done in order to produce the deliverables…(a3)…I will know the event is reaching those goals in the long run because…(a4)…I will be able to contribute towards achieving those aims by…(a5)…I want this initiative to make me feel…(a6)…The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:… (a7)…I can contribute these things in order for LOTE4 to be able achieve these aims for me:…(a8)…

B. I urgently need to solve local social/economic/ecological/political problems. For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be…(b1)… The concrete deliverables enabling those outcomes are going to be…(b2)…What I believe we need to be done in order to produce the deliverables…(b3)…I will know the event is reaching those goals in the long run because…(b4)…I will be able to contribute towards achieving those aims by…(b5)…I want this initiative to make me feel…(b6)…The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:… (b7)…I can contribute these things in order for LOTE4 to be able achieve these aims for me:…(b8)…

C. I want to learn more about (x) projects/ themes.  For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be…(c1)… The concrete deliverables enabling those outcomes are going to be…(c2)…What I believe we need to be done in order to produce the deliverables…(c3)…I will know the event is reaching those goals in the long run because…(c4)…I will be able to contribute towards achieving those aims by…(c5)…I want this initiative to make me feel…(c6)…The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:… (c7)…I can contribute these things in order for LOTE4 to be able achieve these aims for me:…(c8)…

D. I want to know what’s hot/ next/fresh before others.  For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be…(d1)… The concrete deliverables enabling those outcomes are going to be…(d2)…What I believe we need to be done in order to produce the deliverables…(d3)…I will know the event is reaching those goals in the long run because…(d4)…I will be able to contribute towards achieving those aims by…(d5)…I want this initiative to make me feel…(d6)…The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:… (d7)…I can contribute these things in order for LOTE4 to be able achieve these aims for me:…(d8)…

just to see if i get this straight:

I like the idea of the sort of “intimate” questionnaire that goes into the deep expectations, but we may need to simplify a bit:

eg "The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:… " is hard to read and understand; terminology like aims, deliverables, outcome feels a bit like jargon

I’d narrow it down to:

For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be…(a1)…

The concrete results to lead there are going to be…(a2)…

I will be able to contribute towards achieving those results by…(a5)…

I want this initiative to make me feel…(a6)… (this one i love! it can also surface new terms and names for WOW! ;))

I think C&D can e captured into 1 scenario like “I want to know what are hot/ fresh projects and themes before others”

Would be great if the results of the questionnaire are visible immediately after someone fills it in. Let’s see what mailchimp can do for us…

Points 1-7 above I think we need to have them clear among ourselves to then turn into the story…

Can’t wait for this, feels super exciting…!!

1 Like

isn’t there a polling functionality on the edgeryders platform?

Would be great to use our own functionality for this,no? Otherwise mailchimp is fine too. Basically I want the questionnaire to have the function of 1) signalling value and getting people to commit to paying somehow for accessing that value and 2) getting an idea of what good and services we can and should develop and sell 3) get people on board being active in shaping the deliverables and selling them,

Let me visualise the steps involved

1. You chose between path A, B, C, or D through the questionnaire
  2. Then you go through these questions one after the other [either fill in the blank or choose between difft options depending on question]
    1. For me the consequences of a successful event on Community Stewardship should be....
    2. The concrete deliverables enabling those outcomes are going to be: Three text entry fields, one for each deliverable 
      1. Steps to produce Deliverable 1: First step is [text entry field], next step is [text entry field], final step is [text entry field]
        1. I think we can calculate the monetary value of this deliverable this way:
        2. How I personally can contribute towards covering this cost:
        3. How much money I personally am willing and able to put in the budget:
      2. Steps to produce Deliverable 1: First step is [text entry field], next step is [text entry field], final step is [text entry field]
      3. Steps to produce Deliverable 1: First step is [text entry field], next step is [text entry field], final step is [text entry field]
    3. I will know the event is reaching those goals in the long run because....
      1. What evaluation methods and metrics make sense in this context?
      2. What monitoring and analysis tools do we have at our disposal besides the ones on this page? [url to page describing Edgeryders methodology and toolkit]
      3. How can we make the most of them?
    4. I will be able to contribute towards achieving those aims by helping with: 
    5. I want this initiative to make me feel...
    6. The different parts of our offer contribute towards reinforcing that feeling by:
      1. Product/ service Offer \#1: Influencer platform twitter pitch
      2. Produce/ service Offer \#2: Curated
      3. Product/ service Offer \#3: 
    7. I can contribute these things in order for LOTE4 to be able achieve these aims for me:...

After hit send button: Thank you for taking the time to … Lote is a #nospectators event. Want to make sure LOTE is the most useful, generative and inspiring experience it can be for you? Pick a team and welcome aboard! (What area activity is covered by in the Budget Overview)

1. Harmonious Hackathon (Research, Communication & dissemination)
  2. Community welcome brigade ( Community managment)
  3. Outreach/PR/Social Media: Link to URL to Team Group on Platform, ( Communication & dissemination) 
  4. Research and analysis (Research, Communication & dissemination)
  5. Fundraising: Link to URL to Team Group on Platform  ( Communication & dissemination)
  8. .... : Link to URL to Team Group on Platform 
  9. ... : Link to URL to Team Group on Platform 
  10. ... : Link to URL to Team Group on Platform 
  11. ... : Link to URL to Team Group on Platform 
  12. Max 7 teams to choose from (coming soon):