Raising Public Awareness of Development Issues: A discussion call

Following on from @Alberto’s initial prompt (https://edgeryders.eu/en/agora/raising-public-awareness-of-development-issues-should-edgeryders) and my brief conversations with him around the idea this weekend.

I suggest a group call for all interested parties to discuss how Edgeryders community might be able to respond to the European Commission fund “Raising Public Awareness of Development Issues & Promoting Development Education in the EU” (full details can be found here: https://www.fundsforngos.org/european-commission-2/european-commission-raising-public-awareness-development-issues-promoting-development-education-eu/)

All input is encouraged from interested members as this is a chance to bring ideas together and grow the understanding of the group

Date: 2016-04-14 19:00:00 - 2016-04-14 20:30:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

URL: Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents

I’ll be there

even though it will be 6 AM my time…

guys, I just realised I am picking up my American friends on that exact date and time, so no chance I can show up. Can we change the date, time? (Also so that the time is maybe a bit easier for John)?

Yes

No problem for me.

Lets change to Thursday

Thursday is fine for me too. I will alter the details. Let’s move it a little later too so that John has a slightly easier time (i hadn’t realised how far West you were John)

Please see updated date,time above

Alex

Doable

But… John, 19.00 CET is not 6.00 on the West Coast. You should have 9 hours difference at most, so the current 20.30 would translate into 11.30 am.

right

7 am.

Please everybody read this

Also: I will need to leave fairly early. Please be on time.

when you’re ready

Damn computer

Hi all,

i’m on an ancient MacBook and it is not playing ball.

Whenever i open the hangout it had a massive tantrum and won’t do anything. Which is what i would expect from a 10 year old Mac really.

I could occassionally hear people, but even that broke down after a minute or 2.

I’ll keep trying, but if not then please continue without me and someone fill me in by text afterwards

Alex

Would you rather Skype?

:slight_smile:

no better

I’ve tried skype before and had the same problem, hoped hangouts would be better.

It’s so old i can even download the skype software anymore