Reproducing the Graphryder stack on a dev environment for improvement

Calling @melancon!

We (Edgeryders) have hired @luca_mearelli, whom you already know from Masters of Networks in Rome, to add some polish to the Graphryder interface. Luca would like to start by setting up his own environment. He pointed out that

the instructions on github make references at a backend to run alongside the application but no instructions are given on how to set it up

Can you help him, Guy? We also want to have those instructions, because we need to be able to replicate not just the dashboard, but the whole stack for future Edgeryders projects. Also, it is probably good in view of the future opencare review, because we made a firm promise to release all our code as FLOSS, document it etc.

Did anything materialise from this? I would like to set it up myself for testing.

Yes, I think @luca_mearelli is working on GraphRyder out of his own server. Luca, can you confirm?

@luca_mearelli has published installation instructions for a Graphryer dashboard (on GitHub).

However, that’s just the dashboard part. There is a server somewhere that harvests data from edgeryders.eu via API and, from them, stores it in Neo$jbuilds the SSN. A full stack consists of a dashboard plus a clone of that server, DB and harvesting script included. By editing the harvesting script we can then use the clone to crunch data other than OpenCare’s.

@luca_mearelli, how did you do it? I imagine you installed the dashboard, then told it to point to the server previously configured by @melancon to crunch OpenCare data. If so, we are still short of being able to do SSNA on some other data. What would it take you to put us in the position to do so?

1 Like

quick response (sorry but it’s hectic days here with a project I’m working on going in production this week :frowning: ):

I did not install the server part, that is the one implementing the APIs at all but rather use the server where it is already installed. It has headers setup that allow calling it from a graphryder installed locally (on your computer), as long as the local dashboard is accessed on localhost:9000