Research network strategic mapping 2018

Great and yes - slight update to the above to include the review (I had taken it as a given but clearly noteworthy).

1 Like

Anique, this is so good, meta as it is :slight_smile: Thank you.
You are obviously a strategic thinker but have a lot of projects and concrete work on your hands so it helps .

For onboarding and documentation: You know where I stand, as I worked across the network for quite some time, so am interested in knowledge sharing events (Brussels too and more please! :)) that have continuity from and outside of Brussels: whether they are tied to the Academy; or a distributed museum and what not.

On the project planning for streamlining production: I am willing to explore with you new tools and processes, so feel free to enlist me for a few hours a week work. All those of us doing a lot of project management on a daily basis would benefit from it, no matter which scale we are working on.

2 Likes

Thank you @anique.yael for remembering about me:) For me it was always most enjoyable, and probably also valuable for the community projects, to work on physical community building and facilitation - from the scratch, as in Nepal, but also during our annual gatherings. So this fits in onboarding as well. And surely storytelling - I’ve been doing a pretty big storytelling gig for the OpenCare and I think I did just fine :slight_smile: We thought for a while about expanding the storytelling and documenting side of edgeryders with @alex_levene but it didn’t come to anything very concrete.

I will be now waiting for the results of the retreat - especially how do you guys decide to communicate and involve people in work, what will be the processes and roles of particular members. It’s been increasingly difficult for me in the past months to know what’s exactly happening behind the scenes and how I could plug myself into some of the work. But if I understand that, I could maybe be useful again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’m at the shop making kimchi and making some stencils for a citizen action later at 16h, but want to get into the hang out at 14h30, how do i do,

will explain how i could help on having a new project that is willing to test new economical models in the next 6 months (if thursday appointment goes well…)

1 Like

@anique.yael , great great post.
Everything isn’t clear for me though I’m willing to know more.

For many reasons, including my job and a project that I will introduce to Edgeryders this week (following my filmed tribulations in Sidi Kaouiki and Essaouira), I’m not quite sure to be able to spend a lot of time on new things this year.
But still looking forward for what’s coming.

1 Like

@anique.yael what an overview! I am very interested in what is listed under Philosophies of scaling, Interests and needs in scaling and the Processes and operations to scale as I recognise quiet a lot of it in relation to my work as research coordinator for a program that just kicked off this academic year - already part of 2 research projects and thus need to watch out for moving too fast. That being said, I am facing other constraints given the context I am working in; onboarding is quiet different because of fixed protocols, given by the HR dept., also meaning I can’t scale without the extra administrative formalities … so ideas such as self-organising sounds like a dream to me - then again our program coordinator and I are trying to find the perfect hack :slight_smile: … working on that.

All this to say I am interested and thinking about how we can help each other without adding too much to the over-head. Exchanging tips on good agile planning/reporting tools is quiet easy - other opportunities are less obvious? Anyhow I am open to share ideas, good practices, … .

2 Likes