Rethinking retirement - response by Marcos

We don’t seem to discuss retirement much with others. How much do you think about your own retirement? What do you think about? And what do you avoid thinking about?

Living in a peaceful environment, out of stress, where I can explore and explode my hobbies and potential and live in balance with the nature, rediscover where do I come from. I avoid to think about how the society and we all will become and end for the next years, all I see is dark.

How about work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again?

Family life, explore creativity, discover new things. I would never do again stuff for others that doesn’t sum up at all.

Great, now that you’ve chosen what stays and what to leave behind - start to imagine your future self. The ‘dream you’. How do you get there? Which new skills and what knowledge do you want to acquire?

I want to know more about myself, how we are connected to this world and how we came to a point that eventually we loose our path.

Imagine your housing situation and the people around you (or their absence). Who are you surrounded by in your retirement?
Where and how would you like to live?

I want to live with my loved ones, the people who is in my heart, embrace all the small moments and don’t look back.

If you know people who have retired, was there something to learn from their experience and approach? Could you share their impressions?

They usually tell me about their regrets, how life happened so fast that they missed few things along this long path and now they are rediscovering them again full of joy.

How do you imagine sustaining yourself financially? Maybe you have a plan, a tip, or an idea, that you would like to share?

I have no idea so far how I could do this, no plans so far.

name: Marcos

1 Like