Revamping The Reef ASBL

Dear @reeflings, I have looked up the statute of the ASBL (in this folder, you will need to request access from a Google account. I will propose a better system of archival for the ASBL that does not depend on Edgeryders’ Google Suite, but that will have to wait a few weeks). There are no particular formalities to be admitted as members, other than the payment of a fee. The fee was last fixed for 2020, to 100 EUR.

So, here is what I propose.

1. The new reeflings send me a message that says: "I request membership to The Reef ASBL. My data are NAME, SURNAME, DATE OF BIRTH, NUMERO DE REGISTRE NATIONAL. If you are not comfortable sharing these data on an open platform, use the Signal group.

2. I organize a (virtual, admitted by statute) assembly of the extant members: myself, @nadia and @matthias in representation of Edgeryders. The assembly welcomes new members, after which Nadia and Matt resign. All this goes in the minutes.

3. On the 8th of December, at our next meeting, we hold a second general assembly, with the new membership. Two agenda items:

• My resignations as president. I propose @lee as the new president.
    • We charge the new president to open a bank account for the ASBL.

This, too, goes in the minutes. At this point, we have our own embryonic formalized governance structure. We still need to rewrite the ASBL’s statute, but we will do this as we finalize the Reef Blueprint 2.0.

Does it work for everyone?

Matthias, Nadia, I will be in touch on this. Of course, happy to answer any question you might have.

1 Like

Thanks Alberto. This works for me provided everybody agrees.

In my idea we would update the statutes after we finish the Blueprint 1.0?

1 Like

Done! Sent it via email. Thanks!

1 Like

Dear Alberto,

Thanks for organising this.

I request membership to The Reef ASBL. My data are Malcolm Parry, DoB 20th July 1955, Num.de Reg. Nat: 55.07.20-533.71

See you soon!

Malcolm

|

alberto
November 21

|

• | - |

Dear @reeflings, I have looked up the statute of the ASBL (in this folder, you will need to request access from a Google account. I will propose a better system of archival for the ASBL that does not depend on Edgeryders’ Google Suite, but that will have to wait a few weeks). There are no particular formalities to be admitted as members, other than the payment of a fee. The fee was last fixed for 2020, to 100 EUR.

So, here is what I propose.

1. The new reeflings send me a message that says: "I request membership to The Reef ASBL. My data are NAME, SURNAME, DATE OF BIRTH, NUMERO DE REGISTRE NATIONAL. If you are not comfortable sharing these data on an open platform, use the Signal group.
  2. I organize a (virtual, admitted by statute) assembly of the extant members: myself, @nadia and @matthias in representation of Edgeryders. The assembly welcomes new members, after which Nadia and Matt resign. All this goes in the minutes.
  3. On the 8th of December, at our next meeting, we hold a second general assembly, with the new membership. Two agenda items:

o My resignations as president. I propose @lee as the new president.

o We charge the new president to open a bank account for the ASBL.

This, too, goes in the minutes. At this point, we have our own embryonic formalized governance structure. We still need to rewrite the ASBL’s statute, but we will do this as we finalize the Reef Blueprint 2.0.

Does it work for everyone?

Matthias, Nadia, I will be in touch on this. Of course, happy to answer any question you might have.

Thanks everyone. I now have all data. This means that, on Tuesday, we will all be members of The Reef and can hold a valid general assembly. I need to add a third point to the agenda of the ASBL’s general assembly: now that we are more than three members, we need to elect a board of minimum three members. The president is of course one, and I can be another, but we need at least one more.Who wants to be on the board?