Samenhuizen Trefdag (annual meetup) - 10 December 2022

Samenhuizen, the Flemish organisation that promotes cohousing, is organising their annual meetup on 10 December 2022 in Mechelen.

The event is the equivalent of the Salon de l’Habitat Groupé in Brussels: it’s a networking event where you can find several cohousing groups and professionals (coaches etc) and where you can attend some workshops (in Dutch).

If there would be 2-3 volunteers who would be willing to join I would like to set up a stand for The Reef there, not so much in view of recruiting anybody but more to make ourselves known. I’ll put it in the to do list for Team External Relations.

On Facebook Samenhuizen has launched a call to send in suggestions for workshops and lectures that we would find useful. I would like to respond on behalf of The Reef, so if anybody has some ideas, feel free to post them in the thread below.

These are my ideas so far:

• Inclusion: what can we learn from other groups? (both with regard to the human aspect as to the financial and legal one)
  • A hybrid model mixing a coopropriété and a cooperative: which advantages and disadvantages?
  • The legal aspects of cohousings: intro for dummies (lecture by a notary)
  • Building a cohousing: from building a group to building the building - overview of the main steps for dummies
1 Like

Your suggestions make sense. They are demand-driven, in the sense that they are the lectures I would personally like to hear… which does not mean I (or we) would be able to give them. But perhaps Samenhuizen can find the speakers.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly the idea (even though I’m playing with the idea of offering to give a workshop myself, maybe on documenting and committing to open source?)

On another topic, reading through the preferences for the Teams I think I’d like to add an introduction to deep democracy to the list. Even if not all people in Team Facilitation speak Dutch, we can brief back about what we learned.