I would like to meet:
- UNDP country office representative. Ideal profile: somebody with a good global field vision, does not need to be a youth specialist.
- A government representative. Ideal profile: a junior person (has more time) with good access to the senior levels (has more information). Again, societal field vision is important: could be somebody working with youth from the Ministry of Labour, or Industry, or even Innovation if it exists.
- Private sector actors, if there any active, interested parties. For example, in South Africa, Swedish multinationals operating in the country are quite proactive.
- Any funding bodies targeting youth, or venture philantropists. Can shoot wide here, it is also a way for me to feel my way around funders without compromising UNDP/UNV (if I make a bad pitch, UNDP and UNV can always go back later, only weakly associated with it, and make the better one that we will have devised during the project).
- Major youth NGOs.
- Anyone else that the UN people on the ground think I should meet. For example, I am not quoting trade unions, but this might be an Italian bias (the largest trade unions are pensioners unions in Italy) but things could be very different in Egypt or Ukraine.