Saturday 27/04: Social event

Hello @reeflings ,

This is Team Community Life speaking :sunglasses:. Since our plenary meetings have become more and more about serious business, we thought it would be a good idea to organize a social event once a month in order to spend some quality time together and to build on our connection. This will also provide more regular opportunities for Exploring and Associate Members to interact with the group.

We were thinking about meeting on a regular Saturday afternoon every 4 weeks (e.g last Saturday of the month), but of course this proposition is open to other suggestions. We already have some wild ideas, like a petanque tournament and/or picnic in the park, a walking tour within Brussels, a bike tour of the countryside, apéro everywhere, etc., but we are happy to hear your suggestions too.

Our first event will take place on Saturday 27 April. In the morning there is already a Sociocracy/facilitation training (in person) and we were thinking about organizing a picnic or lunch afterwards. For those not involved with the Team Building meeting, perhaps we can go for a walk, or find a terrace in the sun, or both. Members of Team Building who want to join after their meeting, could join us for an apéro.

Can we get an indication of who is interested in attending the following on the 27th:

• Morning: Sociocracy/facilitation training
  • Noon: Lunch or picnic
  • Afternoon: Social activity after lunch: walking or sunny terrace
  • Later in the afternoon (after TB meeting): Apéro
  • Can’t make any of the above
0 voters
2 Likes

Thanks a lot @mieke and @reef-community.

I am very grateful for this proposal, because this is something I really miss sometimes.

For the one this Saturday I would like to propose that we organise the lunch at my place, because it will make things much easier for me. Would that work for you?

For the next events I have two small requests:

• Can it be an option to organise every social event at a different moment between Thursday evening and Sunday evening? This way there will always be one moment for Reeflings with complicated schedules.

• Can we do an event where we play? As a non-drinker this is my favourite way to connect. Maybe Wherewolves or Avalon or something else?

2 Likes

We could do that, I think that’s the easiest option indeed.

Yes, that’s a good point. We haven’t planned the next ones yet but I don’t see a problem with your proposal.

Yes of course we could do that. Everyone can suggest something and I really like your suggestion. Maybe we could do that next time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Laurianne @ChrisM @Lee @els @manuelpueyo @Sophie_B : I would like to refer to Lie’s proposal: lunch at her place. I think the easiest option is to do a potluck. Could you post below what you will bring, so that we are sure we won’t bring the same? Thx!
Btw: others that would decide last minute to join, feel welcome!

4 Likes

i think i will take away in the neighbourhood…

1 Like

I’ll bring bread and dips (hummus, babaganoush, etc.), and something to drink… :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for this! i will bring poivron grille with feta . cheers!

2 Likes

I will bring some veggie thing: roasted cauliflower and chickpeas

1 Like