Scouting work flow and organisation (setting up the Fiche Factory)

Yes, I wasn’t clear on that one. Noted!

1 Like

Hi @els, I am afraid this needs to open a ticket with Tab.Digital, the company that runs our NextCloud in instance. You will find the login information on the login credential document in Team IT’s folder.

1 Like

@reef-building : hi all, maybe a quick advice to prevent having synchronise issues:
try to keep the ‘sites overview file’ open for a limited time, so the chance of sb else changing it at the same time (in the same place) is limited.
fyi: i got the error, but have the impression everything was saved…

3 Likes

Exactly that. It’s a general attention point for everybody who uses Nextcloud on a personal computer (instead of online). I’ll make a note to myself to bring that to everybody’s attention.

Hello Fiche Factory Fellows (@reef-building),

I have been absent much more than I would have wanted to be, so apologies for that.

I have started to create a mini-manual (if this, then that) and I would need a bit more time to finish that. Once that’s done I’d like to hand over to everybody who has volunteered to take responsibility for one of the factory’s segments, so that we can hopefully streamline the file and butcher forward until we find a freaking site.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fiche Factory: talking sites

@Sophie_B ello @reef-building,

As mentioned above, I finished a first draft of the Fiche Factory manual (internal link), where I gathered in a couple of bullet points what the purpose is of each stage, and what the different actions points are. All comments and amendments are very welcome.

One key conclusion for me is that the automatic copy/pasting from one tab to another does not work very well for all tabs except the one on scoring. So if those in charge of the later stages would like to abondon this, and prefer to do manual updating from the sub-tab to the Overview tab, please feel free to do so.

In terms of cleaning up the file I see the following points as possible first steps:

2. Scoring tab
  • The key point here to get clarity on is “do we (or did we) want to pursue this site further, and look for the owners to see whether it is for sale?”. This should be translated into “Y = yes we did / yes we will”, “M = if we are out of options we will” and “N = not for now”.

• This Y / M / N should appear as such in the Overview tab, meaning it should not reflect information found out at a later stage. If the site is not for sale, then it becomes an “N” in the next column.

• The reason why I think this could be important is that it may be interesting to have another look at the “M” sites, but for this the coding would need to be bit more consistent.

• I don’t know how important this is, and how much work it would be to go through the list and streamline the coding, so I’d be happy if those in charge of this stage (@Sophie_B and @els?) could have a look and decide on the way forward?

3a. For sale / send to architects?
  • This used to be called “PFS?”, but I believe it deserves a sub-step that concludes on 1) is the site for sale? and 2) if the price is somewhat realistic, did we send it to the architects.

• The columns before that, are those that you use to attribute responsibility, and gather the detective data on who the owners are and how they can be contacted.

• The key point of practical value here, in my view, is to get an overview on all the sites that got a “Y” for the “sent to architects” question. This is important, because once we have this list, we could look up the feedback that they sent us, and see whether we did not discard any sites because the architects assumed that they were too small.

• Could those who are in charge of this stage (@Sarah and @anon78992831?) maybe have a look, and see whether it would take a lot of effort to get to a list of all the sites that were sent to the architects for feedback?

3b. Sent for PFS
  • If we could get a list of sites that were sent to the architects for feedback, then this tab could include a simple codification of their feedback, e.g. HY = hell yes, Y = yes probably, M = meh, N = no.

• If this would materialise, @Caro would you be willing to look into this, and see whether we can gather these data, and then scrutinize them?

All the above are just suggestions of course. Let’s see what can be done, and what makes sense, and then pick it up at the next meeting?

1 Like

Yes, on it, sorry for taking so long :see_no_evil:

Hi @reef-building ,
Els and I will try to come with a proposal on the excel table, and we would like to gather any feedback and request you may have. Let us know!

3 Likes

Hello all,

Just a quick note that file paths in Windows cannot be longer than 256 characters. If they are longer, a file cannot be opened.

A concrete example is this one:
C:\Users\liehe\Nextcloud\The Reef shared folder\Team Building\Scouting exercise\Fiche Factory\Sites\2. Sites still in\JET-14 - Ch Jette 469-473-475\JET-14 - Documents received from architects\JET-14 - Feasibility study 29 feb

This made some of the documents in the last folder unreadable, and so I move the last folder “JET-14 Feasibility study 29 feb” one level up. This means the “documents received from architects” is now empty. I would recommend to just delete it.

It’s not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

1 Like

Hello @els and @sarah,

I was looking for all the fiches, but I can only see very few fiches in the “sites discarded” folder, and the search function also can’t help me. Can you please tell me where I can find all our fiches?

i have no idea, and i also have the impression there are fiches missing from the ‘Sites still in’ folder. I’ll have a look later to move things from the backup to these folders and cross check with the ‘Sites overview’

In the activity log it says that you deleted a whole lot of fiches. Would you know what happened? If not, best to contact Alberto and Manuel, as there is a way to restore documents on Nextcloud.

should be ok now

1 Like

I still don’t see a lot of fiches in the discarded folder. Let’s have a look at the meeting?

1 Like

I will take it up with alberto

@Lee :

• talked with alberto and best way was to go through the log file which files were deleted and then restore them one by one.
  • I went through all of them and could restore all of them, except for one (MOL-32). It wasn’t in the ‘deleted files’ folder on the nextcould, nor in your sandbox backup fiches folder.
    Do you know if there are any other backups? If not, i will recreated on the weekend, as far as i can understand from the Sites overview file, it’s out because not for sale.
  • As in the log file you cannot see from which folder they were deleted, i have some questions:
    @Seb , @Sarah, can you help me with the following:
  • Lak-09 : is it still in ? (i have the impression it is)
  • AND-22 : is it still in? (i have the impression it is)
  • AND-35: is it still in? (i have the impression it is)
  • Mol-27: for me this one is out , correct?
  • do you know of any backups of the fiches: i am looking for a backup of MOL-32

Hi Els,

I looked into the back-up folders that I have on my personal Nextcloud, but sadly there is no MOL-32. If you know that it’s not for sale, then I wouldn’t over-invest in it. As long as we have the code, the address and the reason why it was discarded in the Excel file I would think we’re good?

1 Like

hi @Sophie_B ,
can you confirm me that Koe-01 is not for sale.
There is some contradiction in the Sites overview excel.
It seems to be ‘not for sale’ but still somehow it is ‘can we buy it’ (old field : ‘send to architects’ = Y)

@reef-building
Hi, I finished the Fiche factory (as much as I can at this stage).
Things to do

• the tab 3b. PFS follow-up: the statusses of the PFS are not allways clear to me, if sb could have a look at that (i left some comments in column U that will need to be cleaned afterwards)
  • I still need to put all the comments from the comments column to either the ‘Plusses’ or ‘Minuses column’ => feel free to help me with that.

Attention points

• please follow the manual (Read at least the 'overall process for the fiche factory + the part linked to the tab you are working on/you are responsable off)
  • please respect the predefined values in the tab ‘0. Coding legend’
  • there is no automatic copying any more from one tab to another, so all copying should be done manually (limited to id, code, street, and maybe a status)
  • note problems you encounter in the tab ‘5. Q&A & Problem solving’, you can message me for very urgent issues
  • The goal is to review the manual/this way of working in a couple of weeks, please note down you’re remarks (as comments in the manual, or somewhere else)

Question

• the highlighting in yellow or other colour => does this still have a significance or can it be deleted (except for the Y/M/N values which have an automatic colouring)
2 Likes