Searching for sites online

@reef-building, I have just added two new fiches, found via online search:

1. GAN - Avenue Jacques Sermon 25
  2. EVE - Rue des Deux Maisons 28-30-32

Any feedback welcome, these are the first ones I´ve ever made.

Best, J

6 Likes

@SimonDelch @Justin_N @Angelika ,

here a link to the agenda for our meeting next monday: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/105741
In the agenda you will find a link to a proposal on ‘how to organise ourselves and work together’
See you on monday

2 Likes

@Justin_N : as far a i can judge (also being quite new to it): great job filling in the fiche! One little remark: if on an immo site they mention it is sold by another immo: better mention the link of the immosite selling it

1 Like

@reef-building : an new fiche from the online searching: WOL-Av des pleiades 19

1 Like

@els WOL-Av des pleiades 19 seems to me only car parks for sale to be converted into individual warehouses.
Any other views @reef-building ?

I wanted to flag something that may be for this meeting. Citydev told us that, in 2024, they would be partnering with a cohousing group to build a cohousing with a Community Land Trust formula. You will find the minutes of our meeting with them here.

There was a follow-up: Agnés, the person we met, came to one of our presentations, I think it was in September, and later told Manuel she was favourably impressed.

So, at some point (early in 2024) their website will show the call for expressions of interests to build a cohousing, and we should really look into it in close detail, as it could shave 1-2 millions off our budget. Their website is:

https://www.citydev.brussels

6 Likes

yes, might be, not clear for me what it is for sale, title on immoweb says appartment block. If sb would have time to call to clear that out…

ok, we’ll follow-up this site…

The call is not out yet. We will anyway try to gain some more intel.

@reef-building : i’d like to have your advice on sth…
how strict is the 1500 m2 minimum to make a fiche?

i have found this site online, on cadgis 1225 m2, so less than 1500 m2, but what makes this site interesting: it is 6 floors high (without calculating the -1) (and what i’ve understood from alberto, the higher, the lower the cost).
They say there is 3400 m2 habitables on 6 floors, so 566,66 m2 per floor.
If the total surface is 1225 m2 , than i would say there is 1225-566,66 m2 left for garden = 658,33, which is reasonable less then 900 m2… => i disgard it?, or i make a fiche, maybe we reject it immediately but it is in our ‘database’ for later?

1 Like

@reef-building
hi all, we had our meeting for the online searching and a question that was asked:
What to do with citydev, it was added (by Sarah?) to the list of immo sites to follow-up, but this is no normal immo site.
I think we should follow up because of what Alberto said: look for any announcements for a call of any cohousing projects. But other than that?

1 Like

About City Dev : it is a public developper, I think the idea about this is to team up with them When they start to build a new project, not to buy directly what they sell online. Am I correct ?

I imagine Alberto (& Others?) you have a direct contact in there.

From what I know, CityDev is mainly concerned about building mixed projects (housing + economic or productive activities), which brings me to this question:

Do we consider it possible to mix housing with other activities ? Because on Scouting on Sunday in Molenbeek we found of course a lot of sites with small entreprises (garages, wood ateliers,…) and Usually even when those are not ready to fully sell their parcels they might thought accept to have an agreement if they can be incorporated.

Sso… Do we keep sites with potential like this, or too complicated ?

Nothing else. CityDev is not going to sell us a site.

You are not wrong. But they did a prototype of a cohousing policy some time ago: there is a cohousing called Tivoli in Laken, built on CityDev ground with the Community Land Trust principle. Search for it in the forum, you will find the report from our visit there. And they told us last year that they were going to do it again in 2024.

We are certainly interested to have in the cohousing someone like Miro or Stekke and Fraas, that have offices or other productive spaces on the ground floor. But that kind of partner is hard to find.

1 Like

@Sebas : i called to clear this out if it’s garages or block of appartments. It’s the first, they will change the title of the add. I’ll put this fiche in status ‘rejected’ tonight

1 Like

@Justin_N : answer above from alberto to your question about citydev…

1 Like

@Justin_N @Angelika @SimonDelch : here is a poll for our next meeting in three weeks

• 29/01 : 19:00 - 20:00
  • 29/01: 20:00 - 21:00
  • 30/01: 19:00 - 20:00
  • 30/01: 20:00 - 21:00
  • 31/01: 19:00 - 20:00
  • 31/01: 20:00 - 21:00
  • 02/02: 19:00 - 20:00
  • 02/02: 20:00 - 21:00
0 voters

Hello there, if ok, give me some time to vote bc there is a parallel vote for our next Team Finance meetings happening ;). The only day where the proposed dates do not overlap would be 2 February, so I’d like to wait for the result of the other vote and then vote here.

1 Like

Hmmm… Personnaly I would say make a fiche and keep it for later.

Yes I think we just need to keep an eye on their website…
But there is also a website where they put the sites that they discarded (inventimmo), and that’s something different to also keep an eye on.

I would think we look into everything! If there seem to be some unused space, we can always look into it! The only thing we wouldn’t (or rather just can’t) do is buy the business.

2 Likes

Let’s go for a fiche and let see how it will pass through

@Justin_N @Angelika @SimonDelch
hi, just to let you know i updated the manual for online searching (internal link)

• based on the meeting we had on monday
  • i also updated some links (link to the template for making a new fiche, link of the file to check if the fiche hasn’t yet been created during ‘live’ scouting,…), as in team building we have a bit reorganised the structure of our fiches and follow-up.

@reef-building : fyi : the links to the files/folders have been updated in the manual for online searching, referring to the old ‘fiche structure’

2 Likes