We now turn towards the side events. As I said from the beginning, I see two:
- An academic seminar.
- The Reclaiming utopia workshop by @julyandavey or equivalent.
- A party.
The academic seminar
The objective is to brainstorm around possible economics papers. These would contribute to the Lab’s ultimate goal – imagining alt-economies with scientific rigor.
We do it on the 12th (late) morning. Ideally we would partner up with one of the Brussels universities, but we can also just rent a room in Brussels. All we need is tables, chair, wifi, coffee and whiteboards.
- Find a Uni or venue to partner up (@irene_1 ?).
- Launch an open call for co-authors (@alberto).
- Deal with the applications (@ilaria and @alberto).
Next steps: +
- @ilaria make contact with Julian and Davey, I think they might be busy but maybe we can negotiate something.
- @irene_1 finds a venue
It would be nice to have an utopian party somewhere. Walkaway starts with a “communist party”, which is a kind of party where participants reclaim assets that are perfectly usable and which people need, but are sitting frozen because they are not profitable. An obvious example of such assets would be the building stock of Leegbeek-St. Vide.
@irene_1 anyone we can partner up with?