Social Media Campaign Ideas

Hi! I’m here with my colleagues from the Service Design Master in Milan and we were just looking at the social media campaing post. We think this could be interesting - what do you think?

1.What is a powerful, creative message to prompt people to go on the CheFare website and cast a vote? What would an effective call for participation look like, in a paragraph?

"Are you a Radical Innovator? Would you like to be…? How about taking some time off from your day to day and focusing on solving some of the worlds biggest problems? Does this idea sound appealing to you? If so, vote for the UNmonastery project and let’s see if we can make this idea a reality!

Support a High Impact Community Transformation focusing on Solving some of the Worlds Biggest Problems."

2.What traditional and new media is available to push the message out into the world? Italian? International? Can we create or target specific events and rally their participants to cast a vote?

PR: Internazionale (IT), The Guardian (INT), BBC News (INT), Rai (IT), Al Jazeera (INT), The Times (INT), Time Mag. (INT), IL Magazine (IT),

Fast Co. (NM), Social Media (FB, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest), Cultural Innovation Blogs, Smart Cities;

3.Which communities or spokesperson could be interested and could partner up to act as distributors of the message?

TED(x), Global Service JAM, Service Design Network, EXPO 2015,

I like the message!

I am no communicator, but I really like the paragraph you propose. Is there a way to suggest everyone can be a radical innovator? I think this would make it even stronger.

Also: I had not thought about Expo2015, but there is a connection there: Paolo Verri, the director of Matera 2019, is also working for Expo 2015! What do you guys think we should ask of Expo?

Thanks fot taking the time to write these proposals!

Hello [Imaupm]! First of all welcome on the Edgeryders platform and thank you for taking the time to think about this and share your ideas. It’s always good to have new people look into the unMonastery and nourish our online discussions.

I like your post too, especially because the tension between local problems and global solutions comes out quite well. Since we’re at it, and you’re taking a course on Service Design, I would be very curious to have your take on the following point: imagine you’re in the South of Italy, in a small city of about 60.000 inhabitants, which faces serious youth unemployment issues as well as school drop out and emigration (both for study and for work reasons). Then suddenly, here come these guys from abroad which talk with weird terms and say that people can work for free to solve issues which people don’t even consider crucial (property, connectivity, ecc.).

What can Radical Innovation mean to them? How can the unMonastery be pitched to local community in order to transfer the services it is able to offer (for example, a place for learning things in another way for drop out kids). Do you think we should have two levels of communication, say one for the locals and one for the rest - playing for example on dialectal expressions and local, recognizable heroes who tell the project?

I am also very curious to know in what way we could tie this to Expo2015: you guys seem to be “closer” to the Expo than us, so I would love to have your take on what Alberto asked you.

Last question: is there anything you might want to add or do in this process?