Some explanations required by the EU

Hello all, @melancon and I have been in touch with our project officer, Loretta Anania, as the Commission examines our proposed Grant Agreement. My impression is that only minor tweaks will be required. For now, we are asked to send an email with a couple of sentences explaining:

1. Coordinator
  2. Any redistribution of resources tasks
  3. Where is ethical aspects encountered during the project covered (eg in which deliverables and at what months)

I can do 1 and 2 myself in ten minutes. I am asking @markomanka to send me 3. Marco, in your answer please keep in mind the ethical assessment of the OpenCare proposal (here), where they did ask for a change. Actually, they way I understand the proposal they misunderstood your text, but we’ll still need to take on board what they are saying, even to contradict them. Can you send this to me by Friday 25th September EOB? Should be about 20mins of work.

A point of concern mentioned was gender balance: “almost all scientist are male”. This is mostly an issue with Bordeaux and EHFF. I noticed that the people actually doing the work in the City of Milano are not mentioned in the partner description. There are two councillors, then someone called Renato Galliani, but no mention of @Luciascopelliti, @Rossana_Torri or Seble Woldeghiorghis. I guess that’s not a dealbreaker, just mentioning it… I would have preferred to have the names of the real team in there. They would also have helped on gender balance.

hi alberto

if it is still possible I can add my cv to the proposal. just let me know how to do it, I am not sure if I can edit the submitted docs.

Renato is unit’s manager and he is the only one who has the “signatory power”.

Good move

I will take care of re-editing the document. You could for instance mimic EdgeRyders or WeMake and write a paragraph about yourself that I would add to Milano’s list of involved staff (page 58 of part B).

I will do the same for Bordeaux and mention Audrey and probably Olga with whom I team for the admin part of the coordination work.

Are you sure docs are still editable?

I would start by offering Loretta to make these changes. Let’s not do unnecessary admin work, God knows we’ve done enough of it, and unpaid as far as I am concerned. The joys of entrepreneurship, you know. smiley

Good point

I just assumed we would/could upload an updated version of the doc. I will check with Marianne.

my “gender” contribution

Lucia Scopelliti, female, graduated with honors in Economics at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome). She specializes in Management and Innovation of Public Administration. She has solid expertise in social policies and Public Services Planning and Management. As responsible for the Smart City Office of the Milan City Council she is currently involved in several projects that relate to social innovation as a key aspect of the smart city.

my “gender” contribution

Lucia Scopelliti, female, graduated with honors in Economics at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome). She specializes in Management and Innovation of Public Administration. She has solid expertise in social policies and Public Services Planning and Management. As responsible for the Smart City Office of the Milan City Council she is currently involved in several projects that relate to social innovation as a key aspect of the smart city.

Thanks

Will keep this carefully and use it where needed.