Spot The Future Expansion set: we have to do two calls, not just one

This week we really go public with STF (right, [Noemi]?) and we launch an effort to involve clients other than UNDP to expand the (geographic) research space. So far, if memory serves, we are planning to pitch this to:

• The Young Scientist's Union in South Africa (Nadia)
  • The Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Nadia)
  • Telecom Italia in Italy ([Simonedb])
  • Someone in Spain  Ghana, Nigeria, Angola ([Tiago]).

I am also adding:

• Noah Raford, a futurist based in the United Arab Emirates who likes Edgeryders. He does not know anything about this and might be totally uninterested, but I thought it's worth a try. 
  • and UNDP Moldova, upon a request by [TOOLosophy] who is seeing them next week. I invited him to this group, so he should be seeing this notification. 

Noah can’t make tomorrow (Monday 3rd), and has asked me for a call on Tuesday 4th at 9 CET.

Simone would like to touch base on Monday 3rd since he is meeting (preliminarly) the client on Tuesday.

My suggestion is for as many of us as possible (Simone, Tiago, Andrei) to talk tomorrow. Simone, is 18.00 CET ok? [Nadia] and I can have a word with Noah, who is more of an outsider, on Tuesday. However, Tuesday is a second possibility if Tiago or Andrei can’t make Monday. What does everyone think?

telecom

yes pls. lets try.

good new, my visit to rome is changing…so probably not tuesday…but twill happen during the week. anycase good to do it monday. lets keep it short and focused.

so many can listen and get it as an useful conversation.

topic. give me a preliminary idea about what we could do for telecom considering

1. scenarios things

2. specific topics linked to telecom (secutiry, money, finance, web things ) and CSR -pls remmeber our first talk is to a CSR event/communication person

3. i discoverd that their content of Expo 2015 its still empy…so we may even try to link the development of our proposal towards expo…but lets do also something easier and shorted in advance

thank

my skype is

simonedebattisti

or hangout simone.debattisti@gmail.com

i ll be on mobile so pls anyone of you organise the group call

Mobile does not work

Simone, there are two problems here:

1. I don't think any of us has any idea what a Telco might like about STF. I certainly can't help you there. I can answer questions about how STF works in its current form; or try to find a match between what the community is doing and what this client might like. But this is brainstorming, and can't be short and focused. 
  2. Hangout (or even worse, Skype) on mobile is a pain in the neck. Probably better to reschedule?

so how

ok to your point one. it will be a good conversation

ok i can fix with a wifi (as i do normally with pc) so i ll have the best (3) connection possibile

not shift

but not shift. its important we at least start this conversation

Gotcha

Ok, it’s decided then. Tomorrow, Monday 3rd at 18.00 CET. Are you free, [Tiago] and [TOOLosophy]?

YES!!!

Hey Alberto and team!

I will be online. Both Skype and Hangout work fine with me. Let me know which one you decide on.

Looking forward to our conversation.

Arthur had a call scheduled with the SAYAS representative

[ArthurD] any news?

I’m in!

Hi everyone! I’ll definitely be part of the call!

Not only to getting the conversation started between more ERs, but also as a personal note, I really looking forward for Alberto's explanation on STF (objectives, methodology, partners, involving new players, …).

Also, going back to our initial conversation with Nadia, I thought the focus was in Africa (my reach: Ghana, Nigeria, Angola). I might be able to connect with field once I understand the big picture.

See you later guys! :slight_smile: