Hi all, a website contains many moving parts, and in a project like Spot the Future different people will have different things they want to see in it. Logos, personal bios, photos an contact information of team members, descriptions and logos of organisations. The people building it have to balance the requirements of the different stakeholders, with what makes for an effective user experience- in this case it is driving more participation in Spot the Future here on the platform.
In our case it is exen more complex in terms of logistics because the team is spread all over the place. And on top of that we have content in different languages, two of which I can’t even read To ensure everyone gets the opportunity to include whatever material they feel is necessary for whatever reason we need a good process for decentralised, distributed input. You will find the website address somewhere in the instructions
Please follow these instructions, and make sure you are done by tomorrow 16.00 CET:
- Go to the website and access the trial view (it's easy, you'll figure it out, address below).
- Whenever you find something that you want to change, copy paste the URL of that page below
Be a co-author:
- If you want text changed, write the new text and copy past it below the URL you just pasted.
- If you are missing a text, compose it and paste it below the url
- If you are missing a logo, find the logo online and add the url to it
- If you are missing an image, find it online or upload it somewhere and post the url
- If you are missing some kind of functionality write: I would like to be able to ..[fill in the blanke]
If you are missing a page that doesn’t exist
- Write the name of the page/title. Indcate it is the title of a new page please.
- Post whatever text or images you want on that page according to the instructions above.
The website address is: http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/
This ensures there are no misunderstandings or misinterpretation and it contributes to everyone’s needs being met quickly and efficiently. If you have any questions about the instructions, or need help in figuring out how to do something please leave your question as a comment below and we’ll respond quicly. That way if someone else has the same question they can see the answer
Remember Tomorrow March 31, by 16:00 CET! Have fun!