Spot The Future Website contents: Instructions for modifying them

Hi all, a website contains many moving parts, and in a project like Spot the Future different people will have different things they want to see in it. Logos, personal bios, photos an contact information of team members, descriptions and logos of organisations. The people building it have to balance the requirements of the different stakeholders, with what makes for an effective user experience- in this case it is driving more participation in Spot the Future here on the platform.

In our case it is exen more complex in terms of logistics because the team is spread all over the place. And on top of that we have content in different languages, two of which I can’t even read :slight_smile: To ensure everyone gets the opportunity to include whatever material they feel is necessary for whatever reason we need a good process for decentralised, distributed input. You will find the website address somewhere in the instructions :slight_smile:

Please follow these instructions, and make sure you are done by tomorrow 16.00 CET:

1. Go to the website and access the trial view (it's easy, you'll figure it out, address below). 
  2. Whenever you find something that you want to change, copy paste the URL of that page below
  3. Be a co-author: 
    • If you want text changed, write the new text and copy past it below the URL you just pasted.
    • If you are missing a text, compose it and paste it below the url
    • If you are missing a logo, find the logo online and add the url to it
    • If you are missing an image, find it online or upload it somewhere and post the url
    • If you are missing some kind of functionality write: I would like to be able to ..[fill in the blanke]

If you are missing a page that doesn’t exist

1. Write the name of the page/title. Indcate it is the title of a new page please.
  2. Post whatever text or images you want on that page according to the instructions above.

The website address is: http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/

This ensures there are no misunderstandings or misinterpretation and it contributes to everyone’s needs being met quickly and efficiently. If you have any questions about the instructions, or need help in figuring out how to do something please leave your question as a comment below and we’ll respond quicly. That way if someone else has the same question they can see the answer

Remember Tomorrow March 31, by 16:00 CET! Have fun!

small changes to events

It looks really nice and clean, well done Nadia! Here are my observations (I can no longer access the dashboard myself)

http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/new-events/2014/3/29/workshop-in-yerevan-armenia

• the url should be /workshop-in-tbilisi-georgia or smth

-Tbilisi is misspelled in the title on the left

-“submit an essay” needs the hyperlink https://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/contribute-an-essay/

-correction on each event page: missing word “Or submit an essay on one of the main topics.”

http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/take-action

-the links underneath “Share your story” and Build the Movement don’t work

thanks. changed them.

georgian translation

should be finished now for the website. Please let me know if it’s all ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

Need help!

Good Morning!

We’re trying to figure out how to change data on the STF website, but we can’t seem to find the trial view. Please let us know how we can access it!!

Gazbee

website is live now so no “trial” version

The instructions above are still valid to change the contents of the live site spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu.

http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/landing-1

Spot the Future لمشروع Edgeryders  جولة

Spot the Future

بيجمع الكثير مننا المهتمين لأيجاد حلول (جذرية في بعض الأحيان، محفوفة بالمخاطر في بعض الأحيان!) للمشاكل الأكثر تحديا التي يواجهها مجتمعنا: الاقتصادية والاجتماعية والإيكولوجية… سمها ما شئت

فقررنا أن نتجمع جميعا من كل الأماكن بأختلاف حياتنا و لكن الشيئ المشترك بيننا: أننا جميعا هنا لتغيير العالم للأفضل, المساهمة في رفاهية مجتمعنا بغض النظر عن العمر، العرق، أو الإعداد الجغرافي.

هذه رحلة لنتعلم معا, نتعلم بعضنا من الأخر كالأخوة و ندعم بعض بالمساعدة اللازمة.

سيشرفنا انضمامكم معنا!

issue

Hi

There’s an issue with the arabic content. The writing is supposed to be from right to left, not left to right like in English.

The problem is that when I paste it on to here from the word document, the content isn’t written from right to left as you can see above. How can we fix this?

Language option

Uhm, sorry. There is supposed to be an option for configuring the language of what you write, which should fix this. However, that option is missing in this group still. I’ll add it now and tell you when done.

Does it work now?

Hey Gazbee,

as far as I could tell, you were referring to a text alignment problem. So, the first (rightmost in Arabic) character of every line should be positioned at the very right of the paragraph area, right? I have fixed that now in your comment above. Is it ok now? (I already feared that the relative positions of letters would’ve been messed up, so that a second letter would appear to the right of a first where it must be to the left of it in Arabic. But as far as I can tell, this is not a problem in your text, right?)

Ok, so if this solves the issue, here’s how to apply that solution when posting Arabic text: before clicking “Save”, select all the text (Ctrl + A) and click the “Align right” button in the editor toolbar. It’s the one in the second row to the right, with the symbol showing four lines aligned at their right side. This did not work before, I had to fix it – thanks for pinpointing the mixed language issues on this site :slight_smile:

Note that, both for comments and wiki / node content, there is now a “Language” select box where you can choose “Arabic”. This is relevant for translating on-site here, but does not fix the text alignment problem by itself. So you need to use the “Align right” button in addition. (Maybe I find a combined solution later, but it seems the Drupal software here is not up for that for now.)

(P.S.: One more question for you: Is the Arabic text readable in size, compared to the Latin letter texts? Or do you have to magnify your browser view so much that the English text is too large when the Arabic is readable? If the latter, I’ll have to find a solution to make Arabic language texts show up larger while keeping English language texts the same size.)

it’s working now

Hey Matthias,

Yes it’s working fine now :slight_smile:

The size of the arabic letters are a bit small, but readable. It would be better if it’s bigger in size though!

thanks a lot!!!

Simplifying the menu and cleaning up the URLs

The website is really elegant! A few points:

English website

The “Take action” page has a nice button called “Join us”. If you click it, it takes you back to the home page.

Armenian and Georgian websites

I would like to ask @Inge and @Vahagn to do the following:

1. go to your national home page. 
  2. check each item on the right-hand side menu. Hovering over them with my mouse, I can read URLs, and some of them may be useless. Others can be merged: for example, "Our partners", if we have any (in Georgia we do) can be made into one line of text in the "About" page. You should strive to reduce the number of items to as few as possible: what is this? Who is involved? How do I participate, and why is it good for me?  
  3. give proper English URLs to all pages that are now called "new-page-7" or similar. This is essential to help Matthias make sense of the website. It is also good for SEO ranking (how high we show in Google searches). The same thing for the landing pages: not http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/landing-4/, but http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/georgian.
  4. speaking of landing pages: the Armenian and the Georgian one look very different. Harmonize perhaps? 
  5. we need to have some instructions for how to handle languages: English, even bad, if possible, native language if not possible; how to use the language feature in Drupal etc. Multi-language dialog is really hard, and I think people need to be prepared.

Arabic website 

This is still mockup text. Please replace with Lorem ipsum dolor while we get an Egyptian engagement manager online.

Like above, we need to have some instructions for how to handle languages: English, even bad, if possible, native language if not possible; how to use the language feature in Drupal etc. Multi-language dialog is really hard, and I think people need to be prepared.

georgian

point 2&3: will do

point 4: I just translated all the pages and design from the english version, so I dont know why the armenian is different, I cant read it unfortunately :wink:

fyi

Tbilisi event page still has a wrong url :frowning:

http://spotthefuture.edgeryders.eu/new-events/2014/3/29/workshop-in-yerevan-armenia

fixed it

correct url now

Changes to Arabic content on website

Good Morning! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to point out that the arabic content on the landing page is missing the first sentence, and the exclamation mark in the last sentence should be on the left not right!

anyway, I’ll post the rest of the arabic content now for you guys to upload.

Thanks

This is basically everything when you click ‘learn more’

so the new page could be called about the project: عن المشروع

Kurt Vonnegutعن

“أريد البقاء بقدر ما أستطيع أقرب من الحافة. من على الحافة تستطيع مشاهدة كل الأشياء التي لا تقدر أن تراها من المركز.”

مهمتنا

بناء عالم جديد من قبل الأشخاص الذين يعملون الآن خارج التيار الرئيسي.

Spot the Future

يأمل لربط الزعماء, المتسللين، والمبتكرين الاجتماعية إلى أقراننا. نلتقي كل يوم سواء مع الجيران الأقرب أو مع من أجزاء أخرى من العالم ولكن لم يكن معروفا القدر الكبيرعن القدرة و الأبداع. لذلك يمكننا أن نتعلم و ندعم  بعضنا البعض.

ما نريد تحقيقه

Spot the Future لذلك ما الذي نريد تحقيقه بشكل ملموس في الأشهر الثلاثة القادمة المؤدية الى الحدث النهائي ل

في تبليسي، جورجيا؟

ايجاد بعضنا البعض – يوجد الكثير من الناس الذين يعملون جيدا مقابل اعتراف ضئيل بهذا المجهود أو تدعيمهم في أرمانيا, مصر و جورجيا.

لمقابلتنا و مشاركة خبراتنا معا.Edgeryders لذلك نريد أن نرحب بهم في  

تحديد الأهداف المشتركة - نحن بحاجة للحصول على فهم مشترك للتحديات والفرص التي نواجهها جميعا في مجتمعاتنا. ثم العمل على تصميم ورش العمل المنحي في أرمانيا, مصر و جورجيا نابعة من الأستنتاجات من المناقشة على الأنترنت.

تحديد الموارد المخفية – على مدى السنين الماضيتين الكثير منا اكتشف اننا نملك الكثير من الموارد مما كنا نعتقد، وخصوصا عندما نجمعهم كمجتمع دولي. يتجمع صناع التغيير المحلي والمشاريع ويكتشفوا الأصول المحلية التي لم يكونوا على علم بها.

اللقاء والمشاركة في تصميم الحلول التي تعمل على تقوية المجتمع – يتجمع المشتركين من مختلف الأماكن في العالم و يشاركوا ملاحظاتهم معا و الوصول لقرار يشمل ما يتمنوا أن يروه يحدث بالفعل.

كيف يمكننا فعل ذلك؟

نحن نرى أنفسنا نقوم بتحقيق أهدافنا معا من خلال دعوة المشاركين من خلال عملية من 3 خطوات تتضمن جولة لورشة عمل وتأخذنا إلى حدث دولي في تبليسي، جورجيا. سيقوم المشاركون الذين يتابعون من خلال الخطوات الثلاثة  بتأهيل عدد منهم للحصول على عدد محدود من منح السفر لهذا الحدث في تبليسي في نهاية يونيو.

1- ايجاد بعضنا البعض عبر الأنترنت: نحن نعرف أنفسنا و مشاريعنا لذلك يقدر المشاركين طرح السئلة بعضهم البعض, بالأيضافة من التأكد أن الجميع يفهمون مشاريع  المشتركين الأخرين ومشاركة الصعوبات التي واجهتهم. ابدأ هنا =>

2- حشد التحديات: نقدم مبادرات ملهمة ومناقشة التحديات التي تواجه مجتمعاتنا، وكذلك الخبرات الحقيقية التي هي أكثر احتمالا للنجاح. ساهم هنا =>

3- بناء حلول مشتركة:  سيقوم المشتركين  بتصميم حلول مشتركة في ورشة العمل. لذا سنتابع و نواصل عبر الأنترنت. أحداث جديدة =>

ماذا سيحدث بعد الجولة؟

هى: من يقوم بالعمل, سيتخذ القرارات ,فهى ترجع لك وحدك.  Edgeryders قاعدتنا في

أكثر جهد من المشاركين هوإشراك العديد من الناس في هذه المبادرة على مدى الثلاثة أشهرالمقبلة، والأرجح أنه سوف تتاح الفرص على مواصلة العمل معا. يمكن للناس تأييد المبادرات المختلفة لدعم العمل الخارج من هذا المشروع إذا كانوا يعرفون ما يجري به ويشعرون بالملكية المشتركة فيه.

. Spot the Future لذلك انه قرارنا جميعا لنحدد الى أين تقودنا

لا تعتبرأي فكرة كبيرة جدا، طموحة، غريبة أو مكلفة جدا إذا تحرك الناس بما يكفي لتحقيقها. و من الواضح انك مازلت مهتم للأستمرار في القراءة. ما الذي تنتظره ؟؟ هيا أشترك و حقق هذه الأفكار معنا.

This is everything under ‘take action’

New page: كيفية المشاركة

Spot the Future

هى عبارة عن منصة للمواطنين من أرمانيا, جورجيا و مصر لتطوير الحلول التي يمكن أن تعالج التحديات الأكثر إلحاحا في المجتمع.

هذه فرصة بالنسبة لك لتخبر قصتك إلى العالم، وتسليط الضوء ليس فقط على المشكلة، ولكن تبين لنا ما تعرفه للقيام بحلها. سيحصل المشتركون المختارون على 200$ بالأضافة الى تأهيل عدد منهم للحصول على عدد محدود من منح السفر لحضورالمؤتمر الدولي في تبليسي, جورجيا.

شارك قصتك !!

أخبرنا قصة عن مبادرة حديثة أو مازالت جارية تحدث خارج التيار الرئيسي في أرمينيا، جورجيا أو مصر. يمكن أن تكون مبادرة قمت أنت بها. يمكن أن تكون مبادرات قام بها الأخرون. ساعدنا لأرؤية سبب جذبك و مدى انعكاس ما يمكن للأخرين التعلم منه. أخبرنا قليلا عن من أين تأتي، والسياق، والأحتياج، أو شاركنا الأحداث  في المجتمع التي ربما تكون قد ساهمت في حدوثها.

شاركنا قصتك =>

الدفع نحو التحرك !

أشخاص من حميع أنحاء العالم معا, فيقوموا بألهام و مساعدة  بعضهم البعض. الروح السائدة هى عدم  Edgeryders تجمع

انتظار شخص أخر لحل المشاكل: إذ لم نقم ببناء الحلول بذاتنا من عقولنا فلم تحل هذه المشاكل بمفردها. نجحنا معا لتنفيذ

بوسائل قليلة جدا. unMonastery و  Economy app مشاريع طموحة مثل

و بذلك تعلمنا أن أفضل موارد هى بعضنا البعض.

شاركنا في هذا المجتمع =>

New Page : Events

New Page: فعاليات جديدة

ورشة العمل في القاهرة, مصر

الغرض من هذه الورشة هو ربط الناس التي تقوم بأعمال مثيرة للاهتمام في الابتكار الاجتماعي / النضال البرمجي / مشاهد   مجتمع دولي متكون من أكثر من 1800 شخص من أكثر من 40 بلد مختلفة.    ,Edgeryders  في التكنولوجيا المحلية مع

هذه فرصة للعمل معا، واكتشافف المبادرات و الأبداعات المختلفة و بناء فرص التعاون من خلال تقديم مشاريعنا, تعرف الناس بعضهم البعض و الأشتراك في جعل ورش العمل مقدمة على الأنترنت وسوف نقضي معظم وقتنا معا.

الكبيرة التي تجمعنا لمشاركة رحلة  تعليم و معرفة من خلال أرمانيا,       Edgeryders ورشة العمل هذه هي جزء من جولة مصر و جورجيا. في نهاية شهر يونيو تقدم دعوة للمشاركين في ورشة العمل بعرض وجهات نظرهم في مؤتمر دولي في جورجيا.

سيؤهل المشاركون الذين قدموا مساهمات كبيرة في المناقشات على الانترنت و في ورش العمل للحصول على تذاكر السفر لحضور المؤتمر.

سيتم الأعترف بهم  كقادة من قبل الزملاء في جميع أنحاء العالم وكذلك من قبل ممثلون  برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي.

للتسجيل

و عرف نفسك لباقي المجموعة. Edgeryders  قم بالأشتراك على الصفحة الرئيسية على موقع

و شارك معنا خبراتك الشخصية حول كيفية كسب العيش, أو المحافظة على البيئة.

وهذا يتيح لنا الاستفادة القصوى من وقتنا معا و الأعداد مقدما لورشة العمل.

في أقرب وقت لمشاركتك معنا سنرسل لك تذكرة لورشة العمل, و لأننا محدودين بعدد تذاكر , شارك معنا اليوم.

الأولوية لمن يشارك أولا.

أيام ورشة العمل: الجمعة 25 أبريل 2014 – السبت 26 أبريل 2014  بداية من الساعة الثامنة و نصف صباحا

Ice Cairo  المكان: 

Well done, thanks!

Thanks a million, @gazbee sorour, and well done! And hang in there: help is coming.