Spreading the word about the info session on 24 October

@reeflings,

On 24 October we will be organising another information session in Brutopia to recruit new Reeflings.

The more people we can attract to this event, the faster we’ll be able to move on to purchasing a site.

Word-of-mouth seems to be our ally

From the past two sessions we have learned that people mostly seem to find us through word-of-mouth, sometimes through friends of ours but most of the time via social media or flyers.

In other words: the way we think it happens is that somebody learns about The Reef, and then tells a friend who has been looking for a cohousing.

How you can help

Now that our group has grown so much, it should be easier to reach more people. Would you be willing to take a moment to get the word out?

Options include:

• Take some time to distribute some flyers
  • Share the Facebook event
  • Ask a couple of friends with large networks or a specific profile (lawyers, engineers, …) to share the Facebook event
  • Share a post on other social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, …) => draft is in the making

Getting the word out is more important than you may think. Even if people aren’t interested themselves, they may remember our name, which may come in handy later on. As an example: we already got contacted once by some person who found a site that might interest us.

Other things Team Recruitment has already done

• Posted an ad on Habitat & Participation and on Samenhuizen.be
  • Send out an email to the 60 people who subscribed to our mailing list

Statistics

In the past two sessions we had about 50 people who registered, and a show-up rate of about 60%. The room has 55 chairs, so the maximum we should register for one evening is a bit less than 100. So far we have 15 people who registered.

7 Likes

I am doing this on Twitter and Facebook:

2 Likes

Onboard! Already started dishing out flyers :slight_smile:
Actually could we get some more? The social event on Saturday might be a good way to spread them around…
Who has them at the moment? Will you be able to bring them? Do you need help?

1 Like

This is Team Communication Materials’ responsibility. They are on it.

If you would like a preview, you can have a look over here.

1 Like

@reef-comms anybody coming on Saturday ? Could you bring some? Even some of the old ones?
Or alternatively maybe bring them at the plenary?
Thanks!

1 Like

yes! we will bring some

2 Likes

@reeflings:

Quick update: we now have 20 people who have registered via the form. That is much less than I had hoped for.

Would you be willing to have a look at how we can reach more people? Maybe put out some more flyers? Maybe contact that one friend who has a lot of contacts on Twitter or Facebook? Or anything else that could help?

TIA!

3 Likes

Will do!

I came across a speed dating event on habitat et participation website, on the 19th of October…

It’s on a Wednesday at 12pm though… And quite close to the 24th…
What do you @reeflings say? Worthwhile? If yes, anybody able to go?

1 Like

I sort of dread this kind of things, but I put it in my calendar.

Hello @Sarah and @Lee,

I think the event is full anyway :-/ If you click on the registration button, you get this message : " Le formulaire a atteint sa limite d’entrées."

Now on the principle, I think this kind of events could be a good way to find new candidates… But that’s more a decision to be made by the Team Recruitment I think :slight_smile:

What a pity. I’ll see whether we can send them some flyers.

Oh no :frowning:
I think that if you write to them and explain the situation, they can maybe sign you up anyway, it’s a group activity, not an actual speed dating, so the number is not set in stone I think…
And it also means that it’s not too stressful @Lee ! It’s just a présentation of everyone at the beginning and then some very easy group activities to try and identify like minded people… we actually liked it a lot when we did it!

1 Like

Update:

• We now have 32 registrations, good for 45 individuals.

• Don’t hesitate to go for a last push to attract more people. Based on past figures we know that about 10% of the attendants moves on to become an Associate Member, so in that sense 45 is not so much.

• If you would be on Instagram, there is a post from Comon Home about The Reef. Don’t hesitate to give it a like?

• I signed up for the speeddating event on 19/10.

• About 1/3 of the people found us through the ad on Habitat Groupé. Re-publishing the ad every so often seems to be the trick (so that it appears on top again). The others mostly found us through a friend, a flyer or Facebook.

2 Likes

Update:

• We are now at 55 individuals. A record high!

• For those who want, Alberto created a post on LinkedIn. You can find him as Alberto Cottica. Don’t hesitate to share this with your network?

Great. Additionally, I have a friend who cannot make it, but has requested an 1-on-1. If she is convinced by that, she will enter the process at the welcome event for Wave 2, on November 5th.

Using another indicator, we got about 600 visits to our website during the last months (from 2000 to 2600).

Our “key documents” post is also visited more than I though, and some of our documents are downloaded regularly (the slide deck stood at 35, but got reseted to 0 because I updated it). Yay for open source!

2 Likes

Update: we’re now at 73 people (40 households). Full house! :partying_face:

1 Like

Great. I think it is worth it to keep pushing, and go for a memorable presentation! @Pieter, you might need volunteers for the evening (welcome desk, bar etc. ). Am I wrong?

Yes, I think Ralf, Chris, Sarah and Sophie signed up to help out, so no need to worry.