On 24 October we will be organising another information session in Brutopia to recruit new Reeflings.
The more people we can attract to this event, the faster we’ll be able to move on to purchasing a site.
From the past two sessions we have learned that people mostly seem to find us through word-of-mouth, sometimes through friends of ours but most of the time via social media or flyers.
In other words: the way we think it happens is that somebody learns about The Reef, and then tells a friend who has been looking for a cohousing.
Now that our group has grown so much, it should be easier to reach more people. Would you be willing to take a moment to get the word out?
- Take some time to distribute some flyers
- Share the Facebook event
- Ask a couple of friends with large networks or a specific profile (lawyers, engineers, …) to share the Facebook event
- Share a post on other social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, …) => draft is in the making
Getting the word out is more important than you may think. Even if people aren’t interested themselves, they may remember our name, which may come in handy later on. As an example: we already got contacted once by some person who found a site that might interest us.
- Posted an ad on Habitat & Participation and on Samenhuizen.be
- Send out an email to the 60 people who subscribed to our mailing list
In the past two sessions we had about 50 people who registered, and a show-up rate of about 60%. The room has 55 chairs, so the maximum we should register for one evening is a bit less than 100. So far we have 15 people who registered.