šŸ—Ø Status Report: What's Up With You?

I would totally eat a raccoon once in my life, even as a vegetarians. I have never even seen one.

Well then olā€™ buddy, come on out west and I will show you plenty of them. Nightly viewings are possible - just leave your trash can out with the lid unsecured.

3 Likes

EVLnZ5cUcAApRPI

current state of mind.

1 Like

I have baked a lot of cookies in the past few weeksā€¦

Spring has arrived here on the coast. Apple trees are bloomingā€¦

Apple%20Blossom%202020-sm

2 Likes

And down in the shade near the pond, trilliumā€¦

Trillium%201-sm

4 Likes

Sometimes it takes a British guy to tell Americans the truth about our situation. The always brilliant John Oliverā€¦

1 Like

Yesterday I watched an amazing nature film called ā€œUntamed Romania.ā€ Not just a great nature film about what is arguably the wildest country in Europe, but it has astonishingly good sections with specific animals: wolves, eurasian bison, bears, boars, birds, big catsā€¦ Itā€™s as good as any of the legendary BBC nature films. Ping @noemi

1 Like

And yesterday one of my neighbors gave me a spray can of mace to hang onto for the next time I have to encounter my seriously crazy and probably violent other neighbor. That guy cut a couple of trees on my land, claiming it was his land. When I politely and irrefutably proved to him that he was wrong, things got ugly. And the guy does not respect social distancing. Hopefully he will not cut any more of my treesā€¦

A can of mace? Wow, thatā€™s ugly indeed.

It is, and I am pretty sure it will never come to anything close to that. My other neighbor is a law enforcement office for the Fish ands Game dept (catches poachers mainly), so he spends his work day interacting with the lousier side of human nature. So his overall assessment of human nature is skewed that way. However, he is a good guy and an excellent neighbor. The other guy resembles something you would scrape off your shoe. Meanwhile, I am avoiding pretty much everyoneā€¦

Ramadan is coming and this is usually a month full of gatherings at least for families. Now, traditions are facing the pandemic in a culture where traditions is always on the top.
in a small scale with whom living in the house we agreed that we are going to gather virtually through video calls. My mother was excited for the idea even she is very far from technology except for getting the news. However, in a bigger scale, the idea wasnā€™t appealing at all and families are already appointing the dates to visit us and have Iftar together. Saying no to somebody is visiting is a big NO NO ON in the traditions. I know this is a case with many now and i am concerned with it.

So social distancing protocols will not be observed then by many families?

1 Like

yes, we are expecting a new curfew timing by the government covering the iftar time but families are planning for staying over in each others houses :smiley:

1 Like

Freedom vs responsibility. The age-old struggle.

1 Like

I am guessing you are not a card carrying gunnut lobby member

Last time I pulled a trigger on a real gun was in the 1960s.

1 Like