šŸ—Ø Status Report: What's Up With You?

Babes!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m staying home too. Cancelled my trip in light of many SE Asian countries also closing their borders.

I am also truly worried about how the distrust in society and everyone-for-themselves sort of bunker mentality will play out. I think that keeping calm but careful keeps us compassionate, and there are plenty of examples of how a crisis plays out when we lose compassion.

@Hugi: very sensible approach. Speaks a lot to the chance to regroup within oneself while doing the right thing as a responsible citizen.

2 Likes

1 Like

Even getting back from Stockholm was a mess. The first flight was cancelled because there was no crew for the flight, then they sent us through Olso. Which the day after went into lockdown.

In government mind I guess itā€™s like everything elseā€¦itā€™s okay for us to do to others things we donā€™t want being done to us :smiley:

Love seeing smiling faces with all this talk about impending doom :slight_smile:

Why worse than other cities? I expect you Swedes to manage this better than Belgiansā€¦half of the time we donā€™t even have a governmentā€¦and we have 9 health ministers haha.

1 Like

Because:

1. We have a lot of cases here.
  2. Stockholm has had a health care crisis in the last year, with a shortage of intensive care places. Our hospitals have been overrun for months with just the deal with, because of political gridlock.
1 Like

We had just seen my parents - like bathing in a weapons grade vat of sunshine :slight_smile:

1 Like

hmm - change that to weapons grade vat of good vibes. Sunshine not so much :dizzy_face:

1 Like

none of this you mean?

IMG-20200314-WA0003

2 Likes

Store shelves are getting pretty empty out this way.

working together in home office with my spouse who works in the game industry. He is in a call and just says totally matter of factly: ā€œThere will be an alien invasion.ā€ as part of some serious work discussion.

2 Likes

I have been down at my wifeā€™s art studio for the past few days, but am heading back up the coast tomorrow and will probably stay there for awhile. Itā€™s a real tradeoff because I have been away from my spouse for most of February, came home and we couldnā€™t even hug safely and she and I really enjoy each otherā€™s company. But she has a bad lung condition so is at high risk, which makes it better that I stay away mostly so that I donā€™t become an unwitting carrierā€¦

1 Like

John, this sucks REALLY BADLY. Hang in there :frowning:

Arghā€¦ Love in the time of corona virusā€¦

1 Like

Like Alberto said somewhere else, the human connection aspect of the Internet just jumped to the foreground, as is natural in a crisis.

I just looked and no surprise - Zoom stock is going up.

This seems to be where the hippies in Iran hang outā€¦

well that was a couple of days ago. Today I am seething after someone who should know better demanded that my parents expose themselves to danger for the sake of some banal thing. You cannot fix stupid but you can show it out the door.

:rofl::joy::sweat_smile: