Stewarding Ourselves: Two Non-Executive Directors wanted for Edgeryders LbG (call closed)

back to elections

How about a simple drawing? Now we might stumble upon a question who will do it, maybe I can do it? I have no interest in manipulating the choices of who will serve as non-ex in Edgeryders. Just to make this things simple, straight and fast, and spare extra discussions.

Possible Itinerary

Hello again,

First of all - I have never done any mediation or process development online. So forgive, if things are not laid out in a language that everybody relates to. Please point out and ask if things are unclear, stated in the wrong way or need specific explanation.

My proposal is to combine being in transition with going into a process of exploration. I wish to focus on identifying positive aspects, letting go of unnecessary ones and building improvements or new prototypes. 

Getting there needs an open mind. Working offline, I use several approaches to create some space for reflection and perception. Online, I don’t know yet how to provoke a role play or how to encourage you to step out of your preconceptions for a moment. Maybe this video could be an opener. If you like watch 0:00-6:25 and more. It’s only an impulse for tuning in, creating quality in listening and conversing with each other. 

ER is something in our hands that can contribute to a new way of working, being and spreading these approaches. It can only be done with each other not against each other. For changing the world around us, we have to start with ourselves. 

Now, enough prose :wink: A possible itinerary could be:

Phase 1: Develop and describe the process with context, principles, objectives etc. (this can be developed online - I will try to come up with the basis and some questions asap)

Phase 2: Summarize and breakdown into smaller packages (maybe combined with temporary process responsibilities related to ER LBG, ER community, ER projects)

Phase 3: Imagine the future within different areas (e.g. where is ER LBG, ER community, ER projects going)

Phase 4: Build impact logics within different areas (looking from future/impact into what is needed to actually build it as well as identifying now-better-let go-new)

Phase 5: Combine and summarize findings (maybe come up with a presentation for LOTE5 and online)

Phase 6: Prototype new ideas (maybe during LOTE)

Phase 7: Test prototypes/new relations/new ways of doing something/etc.

Phase 8: Adjust

Phase 9: Implement e.g. different set-up and new terms and conditions for ER LBG, ER community and ER projects

Before getting started, I have a couple more questions:

1) Which areas do we want to explore? (e.g. ER LBG, ER community, ER projects - all of these or only some)

2) What is set in these areas? (e.g. are there some legal or technical aspects that can’t be or shouldn’t be changed to secure functionality)

3) How will we handle relevant discoveries? (e.g. how will we choose what to implement, can we come up with an agreement upfront or should it be decided when decisions become necessary)

My suggestion would be to include all areas because they are interdependent.

Most obvious to me are the relations within AND between three different units: 

• ER LBG within (ex and non-ex directors) and

between ER community and ER projects

• ER community within (including technical operators) and

between ER projects and ER LBG

• ER projects within (managers and crew) and

between ER LBG and ER community and other ER projects

Plus relationships to clients and public profile.

I would like to link the more detailed descriptions to a pad, where I can develop next steps with you together. Can somebody help me to set this up?

Thank you and have a good day, Caroline

1 Like

Impressive!

Wow Caroline, this is really great, seriously thank you.

Itinerary looks reasonable to me.

In response to your questions:

1) I would say all areas that you specify.

2) To my knowledge the only questionable technical aspect that cannot be easily changed is the license appended to all EdgeRyders post and content - since this breaks some of the core ER LBG services. See this thread.

3) My preference would be using something like loomio, and agreeing the decision making process prior (i.e consensus, majority vote, consent) - consent within the Sociocracy framework would lend itself well to ER, as it will ensure minimal blocks to the current “the person that does the work calls the shots”. 

In terms of mapping all areas, I think special attention should also be paid to particular roles, explicit or implicit. Things like ER execs who are also community managers. Someone who I think would be a great help with this is @emkay, since he has a knack for observing implicit and emergent roles in unMonastery and I’m sure would be happy to help.

As for a pad, I’m not sure what you mean but would be happy to help if I can.

Also, I’ll be in Berlin 12th - 16th, if there’s anything that could be gained from meeting face to face - or we can just have coffee.

2 Likes

In contact

@ben thanks for your suggestions. @emkay and me have just been teaming up. We’ll come up with more content within the next days. And of course it would be nice to see you in Berlin!

1 Like

help

Hey @Caroline_Paulick-Thiel - I am new to edgeryders (and mediation). I just wanted to say if there is something I can help with I’d be up.

1 Like