Team Building: getting started

Hey @MariaAM

Have you put the picture of the map somewhere outside the .doc-file of the scouting exercice? The quality is low of it in the .doc-file and It would be easier to see if a JPEG or something similar of high quality is loaded to a map.

Sorry, it was a typo :confused:

The next plenary is on the 16th, where a review of the scouting exercise so far will be on the agenda, as we discussed at the last plenary.

The coordination group meeting on the Saturday before (the 13th) is to prepare for that plenary, move forward with the next presentation and to connect all the coordinators (as we haven’t done this for a while). So would be good to have someone representing Team Building at that… :slight_smile:

@Julien I’ve put the maps on this folder
@ChrisM @reef-building I will be traveling on the 13, I won´t be available to represent team building that day.

Yes I can do that :slight_smile:
I could also cover the plenary meeting if needed, although I’m not sure what we will have to present. Unless we are aiming at people to feedback to us what they have covered before then?

1 Like

Ok for Thursday, 11 May for a team building meeting. Noted.

1 Like

Hey @reef-building, I have created a “mother post” on the scouting exercise (as suggested by Lie) to group all the info that scouting Reefings might need and also to facilitate our task when assessing the fiches :wink: The idea is to use it as a wiki, so if you want to change or add anything just change the post itself (rather than replying to it).
I have also tried to clean up the Team Building folder on Nextcloud and especially the one on the Scouting exercise - let me know if you’re not happy or are missing something (I’ve saved all the documents that I deleted from Nextcloud on my computer).

2 Likes

Hi team building and more specifically @Julien
Here is the one pager to send to the communes (internal link) as well as the email (internal link). Could you review it and make any changes you see necessary (keeping track changes on)?
Anybody else interested (@Sebas thinking of you for example!) could also have a look at and edit it.
I know we said that Julien and I would talk on monday but this seems more like the way we usually do it :slight_smile: Happy to chat as well if needed though! Call me :slight_smile:

Hi Sarah, 2 things, I think I will join you soon at team building :slightly_smiling_face: + I can take care of reaching the commune of Anderlecht because the contacts already know me via the Bizet project, thanks for your feedback, bonne journée, seb

2 Likes

Hi Sebastien!
Yay about you joining!
And concerning reaching out to communes, I’m soon gonna make a post, to get some of our locals/people talking a local language help out; you were definetly on the list of people we were hoping to get involved :slight_smile:

Hi Sarah, I’ve just readed the One-Pager and the Email to send to the persons we contact.

I see that some elements are used in both “documents” and I ask myself if it isn’t too much? (Mostly the criteria of what we are seeking for)
I think it would be good presenting some little more The Reef in the one-pager and using what we are looking for in the email. But I’d like to have the opinion of others about it.

Then personnally I’m not convinced about the fact we tell them that we could bring them to their commune. I think we would beter do telling them why their commune is interesting us (even if we will or could bring them a lot of good things to their commune).

Further just a little observation/opinion: I wouldn’t say “Le Reef” but “The Reef”

But nice text ! I’m not that good in writing such things, well done

Hi Julien,
Thanks for your comments.

The idea of the one pager is that all the elements are there, and that it is a document that we can hand over on its own, or circulate (maybe I could actually say that in the email), so it’s better to have all the info on it I think. But yes, might be good to have more point of views on this.

I see what you mean and I wondered the same… I picked up the email from somebody else, and I wasn’t sure whether to keep that part or not. But in the end I thought it might actually be a good selling point… As for why the commune is of interest to us, I’m not sure it’s not gonna sound a bit generic and not genuine though? If you have ideas about how to frame that, let me know. Otherwise we can just loose that whole paragraph (which I will do for now), and let them decide for themselves whether they like our project!

For future reference, you can also put your comments directly in the document, and propose edits directly there too (making sure that track changes is on, so no risk to lose stuff) :slight_smile:

Sarah,

I like the idea of letting the question more open to them if our project interest them without we having the pretention we are “good for them”. Good idea !

I prefer your idea above mine because mine implies we have to adapt the text to every commune or entity we contact.

Ok!
I’ve made the changes, included a visual and made one last change to reflect what you were saying at the meeting about the fact that we may not be interested only by empty spaces. Let me know if something still needs to change (especially not sure if the visual helps or just makes it weird! :sweat_smile: )

All fine for me, I need to translate it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sarah,
I hope you are feeling better.
To pick up on the discussion from the last plenary session, before editing a form, I think it is useful to at least consult these 2 links to check the official property boundaries and permit permission. If a permit has been granted for a plot, there is no point in editing a form, a contrario if the permit is pending.
CadGIS (fgov.be)
Permis en ligne - Région de Bruxelles-Capitale (openpermits.brussels)
Have a nice day,
seb

Hi guys!
Here are the main action points from the last coordination group and the plenary (which was really short), as well as some of my thoughts on it:

• the presentation of the proposal for the process of screening the sites (ie. deciding which sites seem good) is scheduled for either 31/05 or 7/6 (coordinators to make a plan soon)
  • people asked for a check-list to use when scouting: measure site, check OpenPermits, upload fiche and pictures, etc… (see @Sebas post above - thanks btw!)
  • we need to ask people to upload their maps with the areas they covered to get an idea of how much we’ve already scouted (it is nice to be able to update this at each plenary to show progress…)
  • we will soon need to encourage people to chose another bit of the map :slight_smile:

The full minutes for the coordination meeting can be found here.
And the (few) notes from the plenary I still have to do :-/ will post this soon

2 Likes

Hi everyone, still lost with no zoom link, thanks

Hi @reef-building, our agenda and minutes file is still corrupted (Manuel and the Nextcould support team are working on it) so I have created a new document with the draft agenda for our meeting next Monday - feel free to add to it, as usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Sophie_Beese , I think the timing should be changed. I don’t think we need much time about the coordination of the “classic” scouting because we are still waiting to see the architects.

But with the websites to check, we have an extra way of scouting and we should discus how to work on that (inventimmo.be; sncb; infrabel; …)

I think we will discuss longer on the outreaching communes, it is a crucial part and I have the feeling we should find a way getting other reeflings more active in this one.

Cost estimate is a difficulet one. We’ll see where we get on the meeting.

1 Like

Hey @reef-building, we - finally - have a (old) new agenda and minutes document :slight_smile:
@ugne could you add the minutes of the meeting on 12/06 please? @Sebas and @Julien is there anything you want to add to the minutes of today’s meeting?

P.S.: Also, for those who weren’t there last time: Our next meeting is on 11/07 at 7pm.

2 Likes