Team Building: getting started

Hi @reef-building

We received 2 answers from the architects about Mol-26, and their feedback is very positive! :partying_face: As the site is for sale, they are advising to bomb ahead with sending it for feasibility and organising a visit for them to go on site. They also ask for a few clarifications.
So questions:

• do we want to move ahead quick with this, and try and do what we can ahead of the next plenary? We could at least organise the visit to the site , even though that is by-passing a bit the normal process. An other option is to even request consent online for sending it tor feasibility study, which I feel is the best option here. What do you think?
  • Who takes responsibility to answer to that email? @Sebas are you happy to keep going with it?

I also have (not great) news about AND-13 and AND-32 that we sent for feasibility. The architects got back to us asking to organise visits on site, so I have tried to contact the owners again.

And-13: the owner is really not cooperative at all, and just told me it wasn’t a good time for her to talk, and to call back another time, not giving me a time when to do that when I asked… I’ll try again next week.

And-32: the owner is open to organising a visit, but there is 2 problems, one small and one big.
The small problem is that they have a contract with a local car dealership that they have priority if the site should be for sale (I have some info that this might be self-resolved, but there is that…); so he is saying he wants us to be aware that we might be doing some work for nothing if that’s what should happen. I feel that it would be ok to take the risk, let me know if you think otherwise.
The other big problem is that the owner is really not in a rush, and that for the moment he says it would probably take him 3 years to be ready to move his activity… Mainly because he needs to find a suitable site, and ask for a permit as he foresees that he will have to build a new warehouse from scratch. I am thinking that the timeline might change if he find a suitable site with a suitable building on it, so maybe there is still some hope… But as he is a bit reluctant to start looking for a new site before he is sure he will sell his current site, we would only now that a bit further down the line… So… the question is whether we keep going with this site or whether there is just no hope for it. After talking to Lie about it, the plan is to ask the architects for their view on it and see what they advise us to do.

So I will answer to the email’s architect with all of this, just thought I would let you know where we were up to with these 2 sites. Let me know if you have comments/ideas.

3 Likes

Personally i would go for asking consent online. It seems likely to me that this will not be the only time where we would want to move quickly, so ideal to try it out already

2 Likes

Great news :slight_smile: totally agree!

1 Like

That’s great news.

@Sarah do you have time to bomb ahead on MOL-26, or would you prefer somebody else does it?

My suggestions regarind practicalities would be a separate Edgeryders post with a short summary, a poll and a deadline, and then maybe a message in the Signal emergency chat, so we can shorten the time to get a complete vote?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll have time, and maybe @Sebas knows more about the site?

Hi team, MOL-26 has been sent to the architects for a pre-feasibility study. The architects are on holiday until 08/01, so let’s hope to hear back from them by the plenary session on 11/01. By the way JET-14 is also for sale and also sent for PF.
6 sites are waiting for a responsable for contact the owner and some Fiches are waiting to be screened.

1 Like

Yes, actually it’s true that we didn’t get the drawing of the pre-feasibility, ; but they said they had a look at it and that we should move to feasibility, so I don’t think we need to wait for the full pre-F in this case.
So personally I think we should move ahead on the basis of what the architects said so far.
And at least consider the fact that they asked whether we could organise a visit after the 7th when they get back, and start doing that.

Sorry, i just discover the second email, great news.
I can find a date to organise a meeting beetwen owner(s) and archi but have no time to organise a summary, a poll, a deadline, and a message in the Signal emergency chat.

1 Like

I have some time this afternoon or tonight I think, I’ll try to do that then…

2 Likes

Hi @reef-building !
We have a scouting day planned next week and haven’t really decided on the next zone to scout… I would like to propose we try and decide on this online. Let me know below if you disagree.

If we go ahead online, here are my thoughts.
We have never systematically done Forest. @Sebas is this commune fully done?
Otherwise, how about the furtherest part of Auderghem or Etterbeek? Personnaly I feel that Etterbeek is too central and probably quite full but @Aline_Jeandenans you seemed to think it could have potential?

Etterbeek ans Auderghem was just “why not”, I don’t know a lot about these communes… I just go to families’s house everywhere in Brussels and these two seem to be quiet and nice and in our criterias… It is more an intuition

Hi,
We have never systematically done Forest. @Sebas is this commune fully done? YES, let’s remember this commune is also 50% flood risk.

1 Like

hi,

• quickly looked at cadgis voor etterbeek and auderghem.
    First impression (based on a small part i looked at for both communes):
    auderghem seems to have a bigger % of bigger sites

Other criteria:

• train station: etterbeek is closer to the center then auderghem, but if close to a metro station, auderghem can still be at 30 min. from central station
  • park-wise:
    the biggest park near etterbeek is ‘parc cinquantenaire’ (which personally is not my most favorite parc), for the rest i don’t see many big parcs near etterbeek.
    in ouderghem you have foret de soignes or parc de woluwe, but might be at > 15 min.
  • budget -wise:
    on immoweb real estate prices for ouderghem: 3868 euro/m2
    for etterbeek : 3871 euro/m2

Based on this, i would prefer to go the ouderghem first. But does it really matter? If we do first one and then the other?

(etterbeek: 3,15 km2, ouderghem: 9,03 km2)

4 Likes

Thanks for that!

I was expecting Auderghem to be cheaper than Etterbeek :-/

So shall we do the zones close to the metro in Auderghem and then Etterbeek?

Hi all,

I’m not sure this is something that can be solved online, so I added an agenda point on the topic (see Team Building meetings: debriefing and preparing the next one - #13 by Lee)

1 Like

Hi, For more efficiency, could we create a folder Architects or Steeke+Fraas into the Proton Mail ?

2 Likes

Ok
@Sebas will you be able to prepare some zones based on that and send them to me (on signal preferably), or even assign them to different teams on the signal group if you have time?

Yes, let’s discuss that under the “communication” point on the agenda tomorrow.

I will after the meeting (saturday morning still good for you ?) I will not join on sunday, still have some owners to find around…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Team Building: General affairs 2024