Team Coordination: role description

Hello @reef-governance,

With a bit of delay I finished a first draft of some role descriptions for Team Coordination (internal link).

At first I thought I would just do a role description for the Group Coordinator, but when I was working on it, it seemed natural to also create a role description for a Back-up, a Secretary and a Treasurer. I did not make a list of skills, mostly to keep it simple and also because they don’t seem to do it at SoFA.

If possible I’d like to do a selection process based on a formal role description at the plenary meeting of 10 January. Can we please discuss this at our next meeting?

3 Likes

Nice work :slight_smile:

Happy to!

1 Like

Hello @reef-governance,

Based on our discussion at the meeting and on what has been written in one or the other post I have updated the proposal on the role descriptions (internal link).

Key points:

• I renamed “Team Coordination” into “Team Administration” to reduce the confusion with the Coordination Group
  • I changed the references to “Team Leaders” into “Team Coordinators”
  • I added a task for the Treasurer and another one for the Secretary
  • I screened through the list of tasks of the Coordinator and left it as it is. The reasoning for this is that if it would be me who is selected for this role, that this is how I would like the list to be. It doesn’t happen very often, but sometimes more can be less :slight_smile:

I would really like to get on with this at the plenary meeting of 10/01. Can you please have another look at it, and insert any changes you think are necessary? Would this be possible by the 5th of January, so I have the time to clean it up and share it with the others?

3 Likes

Hey @Lee, I had a look at the document and can’t help thinking that the group coordinator is a truly herculean task!
Nothing to add, I like the change in the description of the secretary role from “chasing people” to “administration of members” :slight_smile:
Just wondering if the review of the proposal could coincide with the end of term of the roles? And do you think it might be useful to add a brief explanation about the reasons for renaming team coordination and the team leaders in the respective footnotes?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s the idea. I’ll try to make that clearer then.

Good idea. I’ll take care of it.

1 Like

Very sorry, but I completly lost track of my notifications over christmas + hollidays…

Overall, this is good enough for now, safe enough to try… And I agree that as long as you stay the coordinator, it’s fine.
But I agree with Sophie that it is still a lot to do, and that somebody with less superpowers and less time would have difficulties coping with that… I would suggest maybe we keep that point in our backlog, and rediscuss how this could be delt with. Okay for all?

2 Likes

I don’t oppose putting it on the backlog, but honestly I think that this issue is going to sort out itself. The way I see it the role descriptions together are a list of tasks to be done, and any crew - be they four or seven people - will find a way to distribute the work that works best for them.

1 Like

Agreed. So maybe it would be interesting to add that to the document to make it clear…
And I think we could apply that principle already to fill the Secretary role. Might get more candidates…

1 Like