Team Facilitation and Conflict Management: getting started

I’m free next Tuesday or Thursday evening for a brief check in.

@RalfWetzel - were you thinking of doing that as well as a more in depth meeting, or instead of it?

If it’s just team facilitation, I guess online would suffice?

Ok, so I’m available next week on Tuesday or Thursday for an online meeting.
@ThomasMaertens and @Laurianne - how about you?

I am for sure not available these days. Maybe Wednesday but not sure and I will have to check my agenda. My next availabilities would be the week after :confused:

Hi ! Thursday works for me.

I have availability the next week as well, BUT we’re trying to set up a date for the Team comm, so I can’t confirm any day for now. I’ll keep you informed

Folks, I propose this coming thursday for a brief check in between Chris, Thomas and myself. I’d be available before 7pm or after 8pm. any chance @ChrisM & @ThomasMaertens you be available?
looking forward!
Ralf

Hello,

After 8pm work better for me tomorrow ^^

All good for me! Let’s say 8.30 then, tomorrow evening… see you then!

PS @RalfWetzel - shall we use your Zoom connection?

1 Like

here we go! looking forward to reconnecting with you!

Ralf

Hello @reef-facilitation,

Now that the group has finished the 3 x 2 hours of SoFA facilitation training, I figured I’d make a list with some other resources that may be useful:

• 2 x 3 hours of training (plus slides) that anybody who feels like it can watch (internal link)

• 5 x 2 hours facilitation training (advanced level): starts on 11 May => see SoFA website

• Demonstration of sociocratic facilitation of a meeting (real example) => SoFA website

• Book: Deep Democracy by Jitske Kramer (in Dutch) (or any other book)

The 5 x 2 hours course seems quite interesting, so I was wondering whether we could maybe register with a couple of people and get a discount? Putting it on The Reef’s budget may also be an option I guess.

2 Likes

Thanks @Lee !

As a team, we’re due to meet soon and discuss, amongst other things, more training moving forward. However, as there’s only 3 of us at this point, I think we can answer individually to this post. Personally, very happy to get more training in, sooner rather than later, so the 5 x 2 hours starting in May works for me, and perhaps some reading between now and then. On our next agenda will be to do a bit of research for further training that’s affordable and local, although the former criterion is usually the problem.

Also, this post was tagged for Team Facilitation, but there are a few others that have done the first course who might be interested in doing a bit more… @Laurianne ? @JolanWuyts ?

1 Like

Thank you! Happy to learn more too. (But I guess I’ll also be busy for some time even just reading more about the basics…)

1 Like

[Mediation services]

Hi !
Just to let you know I updated some info in the document. To summarize :

• the mediation service from Bruxelles-Ville is free and only requires one person in the group to be registered in the commune (idem for other communes)
  • group training to do conflict prevention can be provided by them for free as well
  • mediationsasbl can provide workshops for a group (not free) and/or individual trainings for people who would like to be mediators more “professionaly” (I should receive a document about them that I will transmit to you.)
3 Likes

Thank you @Laurianne ! You’re a star :slight_smile:

2 Likes