Team Governance and Working Methods: getting started

@ChrisM, there not necessarily in order of importance. It’s more a list of things that I wonder about and/or make me a bit restless. Some of them we discussed at the Corodination Group meeting, and other can be tackled in 1 minute. Can we maybe set 15 minutes apart and see where we get?

The way I see this, the selection of items is for the Team Leader, and the order of the items is for the Facilitator.

2 Likes

So normally Sarah would do it as Team Leader, but we were dividing up a few tasks between us before we saw this post, and I got the one of Team Governance agenda. So I’ve prepared an outline, which is in the usual document.

Two things about that:
I’m quite curious about how much the agenda can be played with by members of a meeting beforehand, and if there’s a clear process for this. Perhaps that’s in a part of the sociocracy book that I haven’t got to yet?
Also, when I was preparing the agenda, I didn’t know how to add a title to the overview section that linked to the right page, and I wasn’t sure if I should have turned on the ‘track changes’ function when editing (which I didn’t).

There’s 15 minutes planned to prioritise with regard to the list of tasks/questions/etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I initially put 18h to 19h, but I meant to put 17h to 18h :slight_smile:

Hi there @reef-governance
Sorry I took a bit of time to answer…

So I’ve updated the agenda prepared from Chris. Also, I’ve played with our folder quite a bit, please do not panick if you happen to have a look! We’ll take time to go over it and discuss it/ look for input during the meeting.

Excited about this, raclette and seeing you guys!

1 Like

Hello @reef-governance,

Following up to our last meeting, here’s the internal link to our Governance document and Working Methods document. These documents were written before I found the book “Many voices one song”, and having a quick look at them, I figure they could well use a revised draft some day. Maybe we can discuss at the next meeting how we could go about this?

And this is the public link to our decision log. This is a document that keeps a summary of all level 3 and 4 decisions, based on a recommendation from “Many voices one song” and modeled after the decision log of Heartwood Cohousing. For now it’s been me who has been updating this document, but I think it would be better if two people could take over this task.

3 Likes

Adding this to the agenda :slight_smile: Although you and Chris are already working on the governance document, right? Or will there be additionnal work needed?
Decision log is in our backlog; I guess it shouldn"t be a long thing to discuss so we could add it to the agenda as we need to have a plan for when you go.

I would like to check that we have covered all that needs doing when we did the “who does what” in the last meeting…
@Sophie_Beese could you post the minutes? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, Chris and I have set up a “helping circle” for this (I forgot it’s name :face_with_hand_over_mouth: - @ChrisM ?), so we will come up with a first draft for a proposal.

1 Like

I’m going to set up a ‘Governance document helping circle’ thread very soon… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry from the rubbishy note taker. I’ve added the minutes!

2 Likes

Hello @reef-governance,
I’ve added the role description of the facilitator and secretary to our working document.
Do you think the description of the selection process should be more detailed? Feel free to add/change/delete anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry!! It’s all fine, we didn’t need it earlier, so you’re perfectly on time! :slight_smile:
Thanks for that!
And for the update of the role doc… will have a look at it at some point…

1 Like

It seems like I have been struck by a stroke of temporary memory loss, but there are a couple of points in the minutes that I don’t really remember or that are unclear to me. I left some comments in the document. Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

I’ve replied to most of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HI @reef-governance !
In preparation for our upcoming meeting, I’ve prepared a tentative agenda. Please let me know if there is any important point missing…
Also as you know, I’m not the master of time, so please adjust the time slots allocated to whatever feels more realistic if need be!
Looking forward to meeting again and moving forward!

3 Likes

If there’s a spare 5 minutes at the end, I’d like to discuss changing the term ‘Team Leader’. I think that if you read the increasingly excellent role descriptions, then there’s no problem. But for those who haven’t yet or never will, it creates a sense of hierarchy, because of how it is almost always used outside of sociocracy. I’m in favour of ‘Team Coordinator’, which also creates a nice symmetry with being a part of ‘Team Coordination’, but not necessarily attached to it… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We forgot to talk about this!
Maybe that could be part of the discussion directly as a comment in the document?

1 Like

That’ll work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @reef-governance,

I am working on the agenda for the next plenary meeting, and I see from our Excel list of topics that we said we were going to review the membership process at the end of January.

Given that this fits within a wider discussion on the Governance document - e.g. how do we feel about decision-making powers of associate members? - my proposal would be to slightly postpone the review and tackle the two together.

Works?

3 Likes

Works for me :slight_smile:

Me too! Will prepare an agenda this weekend, I’ll take that into account.
Does this mean that you guys’ helping circle will have a look at this and make a proposal before we look at it together? If yes, how much time do you need?