Team Recruitment & Onboarding: getting started

Thanks @Lee!
I’ll have a look at this tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lee - the onboarding manual looks great! I’ve made a few comments, which should only take a few minutes to address :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @ChrisM

I addressed all your comments, except for two, which I’d like to resolve here rather than in the document.

About the duration of the Exploring Membership you ask whether this should not be 4 weeks rather than 3. I don’t have a strong position, but @alberto does, and so because he asked to be in the lead on this I followed his guidance. The result is that in the Powerpoint we gave them a deadline of 11/05. Would it be ok for you to re-evaluate after we finish this round?

About the duration of the Associate Membership you ask whether it should not be 4 months rather than 3. Here I checked the proposal that we consented to at the plenary, which clearly says 3 months. Does that work for you?

1 Like

Actually, I wasn’t asking for it to be 4 weeks and 4 months. I was just pointing out that this was what was written on the PowerPoint, but that it was 3 and 3 in Alberto’s new suggested timeframe. Happy to go with whatever it is for this round and re-evaluate at the end of it…

1 Like

Ha, I see.

Alberto asked to change the 4 weeks to 3, so I did that. But we stuck to 4 months, because otherwise the full membership requests would come in in the middle of August. So it’s just an extension like we did last year, except that this time it’s shorter.

1 Like

@ChrisM and @alberto, would you be available for a quick meeting, possibly this Friday evening or Saturday late morning? (otherwise I’ll propose some more dates)

These are some agenda points I would like to propose:

• Evaluation of the new recruitment and onboarding system

• How to deal with the deadlines and the summer break

• Setting a maximum to the number of Exploring Members?

• Things we can do to get newlings “on board” as soon as possible

• Getting organised within the team: dividing the work / defining some role descriptions

• Process for deciding on full membership requests: what have we learned and how are we going to do it next time? (can be postponed to a next meeting if need be)

Would you have any other items you would like to add?

1 Like

Both work for me!

Both also work for me :slight_smile:

Perhaps the question is more about the maximum number of associate members. Or both…

Part of this discussion should involve NVC and sociocracy training/workshops

This should be discussed alongside the secretary role…

I’d also like to talk about:

• the buddy system
  • the current deadlines for each step of membership
  • addressing new member’s questions for architects, notary, etc.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @reef-recruitment,

Quick note that I updated the minutes from our last meeting, in the usual agenda document.

Here’s an overview of the action points that I wrote down:
• Update the Onboarding Manual: Lie
• List of what needs to get done in every stage (for newlings & Team R&O): Lie (urgent)
• Create a Buddy Manual: Chris (urgent)
• Organise a Full Members meeting: Lie (done)

Shall we try to meet in the week of the 26th? Say an online meeting at 20:30?
Here’s a quick poll …

• Tuesday 27/06
  • Thursday 29/06
  • Friday 30/06
  • Monday 03/07
  • None of these dates work for me

0 voters

1 Like

Hi @ChrisM,

Two questions:

1. It seems hard to find a time slot for a meeting in the evening in the coming weeks, so I was wondering whether possibly we can do one during the day, taking your schedule as the basis? If yes, can you maybe propose some possibilities (preferably in the morning or early afternoon) when we see each other on Wednesday?
  1. Would you have the time to have a quick look at where our new Associate Members are standing with regard to onboarding documents, mini-bio etc? This would be helpful for the Full Members meeting on Thursday.
    I made a first draft of all the things to do (as requested), but need to finish it still (internal link). Maybe this helps? There is also an Excel sheet that I used back in the day (internal link), which you are free to make your own if you like.

Sure thing! My schedule is lightening up a bit at this time of year, so shouldn’t be too hard to do that. Let’s sort that out tomorrow evening…

This looks amazing… great work! I don’t have time to have more than a quick look at it, but will try and give it my full attention very soon…

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ‘Onboarding state-of-play’ document (https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/20575) is currently up to date for all full, associate and exploratory members :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @reef-recruitment,

So we are meeting online this Friday 30/06 from 17:00 until 18:30. I have prepared a draft agenda in our usual document (internal link), mostly based on our backlog and things we need to do. Can you please have a look at it?

The agenda is a bit full, and possibly still incomplete, so if you would like to add more points, by all means do so, and then we’ll see at the beginning of the meeting which points we’ll prioritise.

@Lea, @mieke and @Janet: you have expressed some interest to join a team or do some work, and Team Recruitment & Onboarding is looking for one person to join us, in particular to help out with the role description about membership administration (internal link) together with Chris. Would you possibly be interested?

1 Like

hello @reef-recruitment, I could help you out with the membership administration.

3 Likes

Hello @reef-recruitment,

I updated the minutes document. Feel free to add and amend as you see fit. Grateful also if you could check the action points.

1 Like

Hi @reef-recruitment !

The long overdue buddy system manual is now available for review: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/77904

I haven’t formatted it properly yet, because it’s 3 in the morning and I will undoubtedly end up crashing Nextcloud if I start trying to add things like contents fields :wink:

Feel free to make comments and suggestions. I believe the plan is still to have a feedback round at a future plenary, regarding people’s experiences of the buddy system so far, and add any relevant info from this into the manual. And I can’t remember now if we decided to turn the manual into an Edgeryders thread, or just draw people’s attention to it in a post…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks great to me, thanks a lot!

I inserted one bullet point and one question, and a table of contents (feel free to delete that).

As to where to put it: how about we just keep in the folder where it is currently saved?

Thanks Lie!

The question was more about how to let current and future buddies know that it exists and should be read. Perhaps just a message in this thread tagged to all Reeflings…

I would create a separate thread for two reasons:

1. everybody who gets tagged will afterwards get notifications about this thread (which you can turn off, but still)
  2. it makes the thread easier to retrieve (clear title, essence in first post)
1 Like