TechBlick 05 - Bobek [EN]

Do you own a car?

Yes.

Which kind of car is it?

Toyota.

Is it a electric car or hybrid or petrol?

It’s petrol unfortunately. My next car will be electric.

What personal or professional experience have you had with electronics in cars you have used?

I’m not worked in that space. But, you know, just as a consumer really not are.

Using electronics in a car. So which experience do you have with that? Uh, are there any issues with the electronics in the car or not? Anything happy.

There? Toyotas are good. There’s sometimes bugs in the cars. You know, I think like I mean for, you know, as a consumer, you know, tire pressure readers, sometimes when the temperature changes, they can give you false positives. They can tell you you need to put air in your tires, which is not true sometimes. So I think but overall, I think again, I’ve been happy with the car I have.

Um, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, in GPS?

I think that horse is already left. I’m not sure because I think the privacy is already gone. Most people I think people know about me. I think if there’s especially big corporations, not the government, you know, Google knows everything about me. Correct? So I think that I’m not super concerned about that because it’s just too late. I think it’s the concern with privacy is more on maybe I have is, you know, if for more DNA analysis, if they have information, some, you know, companies have access to your DNA, let’s say that’s more concerning. Otherwise, you know, they know where I am. They know what I look at. They know what I buy. They know where I drive. I think it’s too late to worry about that right now.

Um, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes. I guess recycling, I think, means to me is sort of you, uh, they take something and then you take the material out and you kind of use the material again. But reusing. I think for me, it means that, you know, I’m, uh, a piece of equipment is refurbishing, you know, it goes. It’s not recycled. It’s kind of. You go buy a used phone. It’s reusing the phone. That means different seems to be different than recycling.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned, and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

I would say for why? I think we are generating a lot of waste. We don’t see it. But, you know, especially in the US and Western countries, the waste is, you know, it’s consumerism and waste is pretty big issue. I think, uh, we have to control that. I think for, for future generations, I would say resources try to conserve resources and waste generating waste. Yeah.

Uh, what, if any actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

Conserve energy. That’s for me. That’s the easiest thing maybe I can do. That’s. And I mean, that’s the easiest one for me. I kind of try to lower my thermostat in the winter and try to use, not use as much. Air conditioning in the summer. So energy. That’s the lowest hanging fruit.

Uh, last question. How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

People need incentives. I think individuals, it’s hard to do it if you don’t have incentives, I think so there’s incentive is important. Without incentive, people don’t do it. Usually, unless you’re really hardcore environmentalist, you have to provide incentive for people monitoring your financials mostly, I think.