TechBlick 28 - Shesad [EN]

Do you think the automotive industry is already doing these things?

I think they are doing it, but I have been into this print or electronic for the last ten years. I see progress is slow and if you look at here, you see very less automotive companies in this kind of show because they are ultimately the user of such technology. So more and more, uh, promotion could be done where this industry, electronics and automotive should come in a one umbrella.

Do you currently own a car?

Yes.

What kind of car is it?

It’s Ford car.

Is it a petrol or electric or hybrid?

It’s actually a petrol car.

What personal or professional experience science have you had with electronics in cars you have used?

Yeah, I have used some cars that has more electronics. The problem with electronics is the reliability under extreme temperature, under extreme dust, under extreme moisture. Electronics tends to fail because they are more a discrete component and they are exposed to all this thing. That’s why if the electronics can be printed in the product, then it is more safe from the outside environment. It might help in the reliability of the electronics.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics?

Uh, well, I think there are a lot of electronics in the car, but they are more designed to do a preventive maintenance of the car to make sure that the car runs very efficiently. Uh, of course, my as long as my driving behaviour is not shared with the government, then it’s it’s it’s fine. That’s where I have more issue that my driving pattern can be used as long as would make the car efficient. But as an individual, I don’t want my information, my driving behaviour, to be sent to a third party.

But what is with the privacy? Uh, when, for example, the car, uh, electronics is reused from any other person?

Yes. There should be a way by which, if the ownership changes, you should be able to remove some personalized data from the car. And there has to be a regulation where a company A or people A buying a car from people B should has to go through an organization. We should say we have to check the car to make sure there are no private information in the car.

Are the general concerns about privacy in thinking about circular circular economy practice are using, for example?

I don’t know that. Sorry, I, I don’t have any opinion on that. Okay.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

I think recycling means for me is that, uh, to minimize the waste that is exposed to the environment, to make sure that can be reused in a new product.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned, and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Yeah, I’m quite concerned. I will say 4 or 5 because as you see, there is a climate change going on. You can all feel the temperatures are rising and it is all caused by the dump that we put within the environment. And we have to really be concerned. We collectively we have to be concerned on that.