TechBlick 28 - Shesad [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with the contact information after the interview. So tell me please, your name and if you accept.

Yeah, my name is Shahzad Khan and I do accept.

Shehzad Sheikh Zayed. Okay. Sheikh Saad then first question. Can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

Yes, I am a have a PhD in mechatronics and equipment building and my interest right lays in 3D printing and printed electronics.

And what is your area of expertise?

My area of expertise I am working on is the business development.

Yeah. The theme of this conference is The Future of Electronics Reshaped. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

Yeah, the reshaping for me is that what you see is that electronics is a discrete component in a whole product. But we want to integrate the electronics with the product. So that will provide a lot of flexibility to the customer saying that they can they can bend the electronics, they can wash the electronics. Because now you cannot bend the tube, you cannot wash the TV. So we want to make sure that electronics becomes a part of the product. That will be also very good. From the sustainability point of view.

What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability?

What we see is that most of the electronics that are not used are thrown away, and there’s a lot of recycle work needs to be done, but when we print the electronics, we print in such a material that can be easily recyclable. And that brings a lot of added value to the from the sustainability point of view.

Can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Well, I - What I understand from circular economy is that you continuously reuse the product among each other. So to reduce the waste and the product can be continuously used in a circular way.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

yes In terms of the garbage bins, when we throw out, we make a clear distinction where we should throw what so that it can be properly recycled in the way. And that’s my interface to the circular economy as a as me, as an individual. And of course, from my company point of view, there are a lot of initiatives going on from the sustainability point of view.

Do you think electronics can play a role in making the car industry more sustainable?

Yes, because if you look at a car, a car has now 20 to 30km of wire wiring inside, and if a car crashes, something happens. Those all needs to be recycled. There’s a massive amount, but if we are able to print the electronics within an automotive car, then the recycle becomes much more easier and not much energy is needed to recycle that. Yeah.

Do you think like Lectronic electronics can play a role in making the car industry more circular?

Yes, definitely electronics, because what if you see the car industry was purely mechanical in nature and we started to see last 20, 30 years electronics started to integrate in the car. So still we need to find a good way of how can we bring the electronics and the car industry together so that it does support the circular economy?

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy in your opinion?

I think they should adopt to new technologies and innovative technologies available in the market. What we see is that automotive industry is a bit slow in adapting to the new technologies. So we have to push the automotive industry so that. They are getting more open to new innovative technologies that helps in the circular economy.