TechBlick 30 - Stephan [EN]

Why

Um, because we are stockpiling e-waste in high amounts and it seems to be increasing rather than decreasing. So it’s not just a matter of polluting the environment, it’s also the fact that we are storing a lot of our precious resources in those devices that are just being stockpiled, so we have to recover them and reusing them. So recycling is very important. And yeah, the pollution of the environment, having landfills that combust into flames sometimes that’s yeah problematic.

What if any actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

Well, my surroundings are the people that I have in my personal network. No, I’m very passionate about the topic so they know everything I do on the topic. So I’m sharing everything.

Last question how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

I think it should begin with the individual as well, but I think it also has to be clear that the individual is not always on the same level for responsibility as companies and countries and so on. So I’m very happy that Europe is doing a lot on this topic, is really trying to be ahead of the rest, but sometimes it’s difficult for individuals to really see what they can provide so they do their best. But it also has to be very clear how much they contribute as a collective in comparison to companies, because it sometimes feels like the bigger oil companies and other kind of big institutes just simply emit so many nasty chemicals and CO2 that the individual does not really matter so much. And I think that should become clearer.

Okay. Thank you very much.