We want to prepare a proposal for community-led preparedness for natural disasters based on OpenStreetMap. I have a client that has expressed a preliminary interest; also, Edgeryders is doing work in the field of resilience with several European cities. This could become a replicable product.
The client is now expecting from me a short email in which we:
- explain what OSM is
- include one or two links to "power of community" stories, like the Matera story in the video above.
- quote experience that we, as a team, have in the field.
- illustrate how we would skill up a local community to build its own repository of disaster prevention-related information, and how that would make response to disaster faster and more effective. In other words, we focus on preparedness, not on response.
- illustrate how geohacking skills enable activities in other areas that are not related to natural disasters, but still desirable (the geodata-powered economy).
- this has to work in rural areas, in Europe as well as in the developing world.
Deadline: November 25th, 2013.